Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tv screen blackouts or weird frame distortions

(Topic created on: 28-01-2019 09:57 PM)
Szymon_ilnicki
Student
Options

That's what I mean by distortionsThat's what I mean by distortions

Recently I started experiencing a weird issue with my tv (model UE40MU6120KXXU), I either experience random short (1 - 2 sec) blackouts or distorted frames. It happens when using my pc and the blackouts affect menus as well, so I'm assuming it's not an issue with my computer. I plugged in my pc to a different tv, it was fine then. I tried changing hdmi ports on my pc and tv, and tried different cables, without any improvement, I tried updating my tv to the newest version (1262.0), changing the resolution to 2k and 1080p, and changing the refresh rate to 59Hz, but with no effect as well. Also when I turn my tv on, I have to change the hdmi port to a different one to see any video output from my pc. What can I do about it?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Szymon_ilnicki.

Are you still having this issue? If so, it might be worth resetting your TV to see if that helps, but first, could you check the software version your TV is currently on? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
Solution
Szymon_ilnicki
Student
Options

I already tried it, and it didn't work, but I don't have the issue anymore, surprisingly, reinstalling windows on my pc fixed the problem. I have no idea why an issue with my pc caused the whole tv screen to go black, including menus, but the issue is fixed now.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's great to hear, @Szymon_ilnicki! Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes