Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Timeshift message appearing

(Topic created on: 30-07-2019 02:24 PM)
geodude93cy
Apprentice
Options

Hello guys,

For the last 2 weeks my Samsung TV ( model: UE40K5500AW ) is showing a random message about "timeshift recording" followed by a message of contacting samsung support. The message keeps appearing at random times, usually when i am using the remote of the tv to switch channels. When this message appears the power button of the tv keeps blinking nonstop for about 1-2 minutes ( red light ). After 1-2 minutes the blinking stops and the remote control becomes functionable again, so i am able to close the message of contacting samsung support. However the error as i said keeps coming back moments later.

The Software version on the tv is (T-HKMFKDEUC-1240.0). I have used the wireless connection to update to the latest software in order to fix the problem but it keeps coming back.

Does anyone know what causes this issue?

Thanks a lot for reading.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
geodude93cy
Apprentice
Options

Just a heads up.

If anyone is facing the same issue is probably caused by a malfunctioned remote control. I have been using my samsung phone as a remote control ( download an android app application for it ) for the last 2 days and the messages didnt show up again.  I have also noticed that when i put my finger in front of the IR sensor of my remote control the red light of the tv ( power button ) stops blinking. So probably the remote is sending "functions" to the tv without me pressing any button.

I will buy a new universal samsung remote control tomorrow to make sure that indeed the issuee is caused by it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@geodude93cy: Timeshift is a recording function that allows you to pause and rewind live TV, and activating this feature disables the broadcasting function. To disable this feature please press and hold the Select button on your remote and deselect the green clock symbol, or remove any USB memory sticks from the back of the TV.
geodude93cy
Apprentice
Options

Hello AndrewL

The remote control that came with my samsung tv is this one :

71EigmMfn1L._SX425_.jpg

The select button in my case i am assuming is the middle one between the arrows ?

0 Likes
Solution
geodude93cy
Apprentice
Options

Just a heads up.

If anyone is facing the same issue is probably caused by a malfunctioned remote control. I have been using my samsung phone as a remote control ( download an android app application for it ) for the last 2 days and the messages didnt show up again.  I have also noticed that when i put my finger in front of the IR sensor of my remote control the red light of the tv ( power button ) stops blinking. So probably the remote is sending "functions" to the tv without me pressing any button.

I will buy a new universal samsung remote control tomorrow to make sure that indeed the issuee is caused by it.

0 Likes
Nicki
Apprentice
Options

I’m having same issue did buying a new remote fix it? 

DUZLA
Student
Options

It's a fault with the remote, the record button is constantly transmitting,

My father had same issue, I took the remote apart cleaned still same, so I decided to cut a trace on the pcb that connects the record button, works perfect now . Easy fix just no record button, who the heck uses usb to record anyhow,, As ya do!!

johnboy61
First Poster
Options
How did you cut the trace
0 Likes
spinstechy
Journeyman
Options
Yes
0 Likes
david scott
First Poster
Options

If anyone wants to know if there remote is continually sending a message to the tv, point your remote at your mobile phone camera, when the remote is transmitting you can actually see the infrared led on the remote flashing on the phone screen. You can do this with ANY infrared remote control, so you can also use this method to test all the function buttons on any remote.

0 Likes