Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunder bugs/Thunder flies In screen! KS9000 55"

(Topic created on: 25-07-2019 12:09 AM)
Danielmartin
Apprentice
Options

So ive had my stunning KS9000 55" curved TV for around a year now and a few months ago i noticed something on the screen, I went to wipe it off and oh no its not on the screen its in it! So i contacted samsung and many emails and many pictures later they tell me its not a dead pixel its an insect. So after a bit of research yes it appears to be a thunder bug. After looking closely ive now noticed there are 3 of them inside my TV and now i cant take my eyes off them! They are standing out like sore thumbs! Samsung tell me this is not covered under warranty....great.

Needless to say this TV cost ALOT of money and now i cant stand to look at it because all i do is look at these ***** bugs that have infected my TV. Ive done a fair bit of research and ive noticed a pattern with LCD TVs but very rarely an LED. Surely this is a manufacturing fault? Im led to believe these TVs are supposed to be sealed? Any help or more information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

26 REPLIES 26
Dooby
Student
Options

Has anybody attempted a section 75 on this issue? I've gone so far through the process, but just need to get a professional opinion now. I have contacted a few repair people, but haven't heard back from them yet. Has anybody else had a professional opinion on this situation?

This summer, more thrips have got into the TV - there are around 20 of them now.

I contacted Samsung about this, and it made it very clear it would not entertain any idea of resolving this issue under warranty. Very rude on the phone - I was made to feel like I was a burden. When I mentioned I'd take it further, the representative immediately said "I'll transfer you to legal", transferring me to Customer Relations; I was sent an email which stated the decision is something Samsung "will stand by".

I spent around £1500 on the TV, and it's just getting worse and worse.

I've boycotted Samsung products entirely now - I don't trust their products or customer service.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Dooby If tried all else then Section 75 (if applicable) would appear to be the route to go down, those affected feel free to report any developments.

@Sheenek  stated that insects in Tv would soon be covered by warranty in Australia, appears to be considered "Act Of God" pretty much elsewhere.  There will be situations  where retailers will be more cooperative, though may a case of establishing manufacturer defect

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
PeteDansk
Explorer
Options

I've recently run into this problem with a dead insect on the inside of the screen. On closer inspection, I noticed that the back panel had come away from the frame another common problem with this TV. Having seen that the insect was about 3 inches from where the back panel had separated common sense would tell you that's how the insect got in. Anyway contacted Currys, TV still under 5-year warranty very helpful on phone said they'll fix it no problem. Then received a text from them saying TV being returned unrepaired contacted them straight away said they fixed back panel but left insect in the screen. After a few more calls got a manager who said because the insect COULD have gotten in through a vent they won't be fixing it after some more time she basically let it slip that they not fixing it because the complete panel would need to be replaced. I'll be taking my case further as the insect clearly got inside the TV though a manufacturing problem with the TV I have the pictures to back it up.

0 Likes
Lynnzer
First Poster
Options

Uh oh. I thought I was seeing things when I noticed a clear spider shape in my own screen Same model too.

Halfway down and quarter of the way from the edge. Looks to be dead as it hasn't moved at all.

Any more news on this subject yet?

Who would I need to lay a claim against if I took it to court?

0 Likes
Dooby
Student
Options

In the end, I gave up. I've managed to maintain my boycott of Samsung products. Honestly, it's the best way. It's just endless stress. Everybody believes a well-known company such as Samsung would be good at customer service, but they take your money and run. Don't encourage companies doing this.

I purchased a Samsung monitor in 2015, and that's failed too. Customer Service has been pretty bad at helping me locate a new power adapter, even though I expect to pay for this.

Lesson learnt :smiling-face:

woodywood
First Poster
Options
Hi I have the same problem with my Sony TV &Samsung tv contacted both companies not interested
0 Likes
nikosmpd
Apprentice
Options

280737463_539549474277531_6730913806650947007_n.jpg

280971461_801181724202018_1055073072605673652_n.jpg

I have just bought my Q95TD and noticed these two spots. They are barely 1mm and not visible when i am sitting on my couch. You can see them only when you are nearly 20cm close to screen. Thunder bugs or something else?

0 Likes