cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on the new 2018 QLED TV?

(Topic created on: 15-08-2019 01:49 PM)
AntS
Options

I had the opportunity to learn more about and see the insides of one these: http://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qled-tv/highlights/ at one of the Samsung factories the other week. (The whole factory visit was genuinely a fascinating experience.) I spent much of the time feeling wowed – but then again I still vividly remember CRT tellies and that noise they made when they were turned on...

Anyone else seen one of the 2018 QLED’s in person? And any thoughts on features like Ambient Mode, the Near-Invisible cable, One Remote Control , SmartThings connectivity etc?

115 REPLIES 115
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

@JDawg wrote:

The Elon musk bit was me joking were sending cars into space, meanwhile samsungs most expensive TVs cant play subtitles.

lol :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
JDawg
Pioneer
Options

@endpoint101 wrote:

@JDawg wrote:

The Elon musk bit was me joking were sending cars into space, meanwhile samsungs most expensive TVs cant play subtitles.

lol :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Yeah just let it sink in. Subtitles have been around since the.. what? 50's? Never any issues. Now in 2019 there are TV's that cost over 3K but cant play subtitles right. As customers we shouldn't allow this.

But I've had several different employees in this chat guaranteeing there will be an update asap to fix it. 

I recommend being very vocal about this issue because let's be reasonable it really shouldn't be an issue still. Its subtitles. The tv has been out over a YEAR now.

0 Likes
JDawg
Pioneer
Options

I just made a comparison video with plex showing the difference between burned in subtitles and regular subtitles, but I can only upload pictures. Look at his arm on the right. Using burned in subtitles only is part of the solution. Screenshot_20190803-015742_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20190803-015820_Video Player.jpg

0 Likes
Rhonda1008
First Poster
Options
It sucks,Updates for ambient mode doesn't work can't connect with smart things app.Not worth 3000.00 in my opinion if they can't top selling features right
0 Likes
Benrc
Journeyman
Options

I fell for all those "sponsored" reviews claiming zero blooming, oled level black etc and this tv is worse than my 2013 Panasonic Plasma in every possible way other than brightness (thanks for the headaches) 

Terrible screen uniformity, dse, clouding, blooming, very odd skin tones, I could go on. 

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

@Benrc wrote:

I fell for all those "sponsored" reviews claiming zero blooming, oled level black etc and this tv is worse than my 2013 Panasonic Plasma in every possible way other than brightness (thanks for the headaches) 

Terrible screen uniformity, dse, clouding, blooming, very odd skin tones, I could go on. 

I'm inclined to agree with you. Virtually none of the pro reviews mention the problems we're observing with the Q9FN. If they did, then Samsung might actually take the problems seriously, rather than ignoring customers. We've bought the TV, so they really don't seem to care now. Wish I'd returned mine in the 30 day warranty period, but I foolishly thought they'd fix it with a firmware update 😞

0 Likes