Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 49 - 5mm white band at top of screen in Art Mode

(Topic created on: 05-07-2019 09:36 AM)
ipg
Apprentice
Options

Called support and they were unhelpful with resolving this issue.   On about 50% of Art that is displayed, there is a white band at the top of the screen sometimes full width, sometimes partly.   

Any ideas how to get rid or what is causing the fault.  I was hoping a future software update would resolve it but alas nothing in the last 4 months. 

17 REPLIES 17
Gerb81
Apprentice
Options

I think its a countdown bar when you have rotation enabled

NJN
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever find a solution?

ipg
Apprentice
Options

No I haven't, I submitted a video to Samsung support of the problem, received no response and I still have the problem.  I notice that if I take it out of art mode and put it back into it again it clears it at least until the next picture change.   

It's an annoying intermittent fault.  

NJN
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your reply.  I'm sorry you're still having the problem too.

RICK15
First Poster
Options

I have the same Problem, it is the download bar from a picture witch stays on the picture. I complained a lot of times at the customer service. No firmware update had fixed it yet. I have it all the time and it runs me crazy...

DBNZ
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found a permanent fix to this? I've had the same issue with my brand new Frame (2019 model). lt only happens when I set art from the SmartThings app. To get rid of it, I hit out and then back into Art mode from the remote.

This is a pretty ridiculous bug for something that's meant to be the central novel feature of this TV. Hopefully someone at Samsung is working on a firmware/app fix... 

NJN
Journeyman
Options

I never found a solution, but I did find a work around. I select favorites from among the art store pieces, and then I go to "My Collections" and put my "Favorites" on rotation.  It has to be fewer than around 60 art pieces, otherwise the white line starts happening again.  

ipg
Apprentice
Options

That is just weird - I wish Samsung would just take note and write a patch for it.  How hard can it be?  Write the patch, send out a s/w update, most of us have auto-update on ... problem solved.  

jhagedon
Apprentice
Options
I have exactly the same experience and it ruins the effect of the art mode. If you use a mat it seems to help hide the problem. It seems to develop in the rotation mode.