Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVPlayer app

(Topic created on: 05-01-2019 04:17 PM)
e5115271
Apprentice
Options

Hello!

I've just bought a 40NU7120, and I cant see the TVPlayer app in the apps store. Am I missing something? I've got UKTV Player installed, but I cant find the app to watch live TV (there's no aerial connected to the TV, only WiFi).

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MajorMajor
Apprentice
Options

Hi, no I don't think there is.  The Live TV app will only appear if you have a terrestrial aerial (or Freesat dish) installed and connected and tuned in to channels.

Your only other option is to stream directly from the apps related to the channel you want to watch i.e. BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc... You're effectively using your TV as a big iPad....

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TracyR
Options

Hey @e5115271

If you're unable to see or add a specific app on your TV then it won't be compatible with your model.

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
e5115271
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the quick reply Tracy.

Does anyone know if there is an app that will allow me to stream live TV compatible with this model?

0 Likes
Solution
MajorMajor
Apprentice
Options

Hi, no I don't think there is.  The Live TV app will only appear if you have a terrestrial aerial (or Freesat dish) installed and connected and tuned in to channels.

Your only other option is to stream directly from the apps related to the channel you want to watch i.e. BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc... You're effectively using your TV as a big iPad....

0 Likes
StephenFair
Student
Options

It's seems to be missing from the new TVs... my 2017 Samsung has it but not my 2018... ☹️

0 Likes
e5115271
Apprentice
Options
Yes, it seems that the developers of TVPlayer no longer keep the app updated for newer Samsung TVs. As previously mentioned your only option is to watch live through other apps. iPlayer and ITV let you do this. Channel 4 currently doesn't let you stream live via the app like it does online or through Roku.
0 Likes