Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV switches itself on randomly between 3am and 5am

(Topic created on: 06-03-2017 10:38 AM)
Matt74uk
Apprentice
Options

My KS8000 seems to randomly switch itself on between roughly 3am and 5am if the TV arieal is connected.  If I unplug it, it's fine.  I think this could be when the EPG is broadcast over UK Freeview.

There are no alarms set, I've even tried setting one for 8am and it still comes on between 3am and 5am.

Does anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
Go to solution
29 REPLIES 29
robk1
Explorer
Options

Hi Chris - thanks for replying

Just come back into house at 3pm to find random switch on happened again.  Now feeling like I should unplug the TV from the mains everytime I go out.

The software version is 1240 and the auto update is on.  The TV model is KS8000.  I cannot see an about this TV option on the settings menu - hope this is enough info.  

For info - Each time the TV has turned on it is to the TV plus source (even though the previous source was the Sky Q box.  So that makes me think it is to do with the TV Plus / Freeview / auto tuning update.  I have double checked that I have the latest tuning update and the auto update is turned off. Any thoughts

0 Likes
robk1
Explorer
Options

Oh - one other thing.  It defaults to channel 4000 on TV Plus everytime - a channel I have never watched

CaptainLorca
Journeyman
Options

Mine has been doing that very recently, I might be in the middle of watching something else, when it would suddenly switch to 4000, which can be quite annoying! I think it must be as a result of a recent update! The cynic in me is it’s a deliberate attempt to get us interested in this paid Movie service! 

0 Likes
robk1
Explorer
Options

That is interesting - can only be a fault with a software update

0 Likes
robk1
Explorer
Options

This is rediculous - had three ransom switch on's this morning.  This is a dangerous fault which could result in a TV switching on when unattended for a considerable time causing a fire risk.  Certainly this will be my last ever Samsung product of any type - nothing but irritatin gproblems from the start - and now this random switch on issue for the last ten days.  Fed up.  i see this is noted as a solved group so i will repost as a new thread in the hope it gets the attention of someone at Samsung

fraunberger
First Poster
Options

Do you have the TV plugged into a "Green switch"?  My TV was plugged into a power strip that I purchased at Best buy which made the appliance plugged into it go into a sleep mode and prevent energy use when turned off. Apparently, many electronics stay on even when turned off. I unplugged the TV from the power strip and plugged into a regular "Surge Suppressor" and it hasn't turned on randomly since. Worth a shot.

0 Likes
robk1
Explorer
Options

Thanks - no its just a straightforward mains socket

0 Likes
Linedancer1
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung tv has started over the last few weeks turning itself on about 3am in the morning ?

any Ideas please 

0 Likes
CaptainLorca
Journeyman
Options

3am! I think, is the time Terrestrial TV updates are done. The feeling being it’s the quietest time of the 24hr TV day! For some reason this process turns the TV on

Try this, as it worked for me when I had this problem

• First make sure you are on TV PLUS
  • Select Broadcasting, if it is faded it means you are not on TV PLUS
  • Select Auto Tuning Settings
  • Standby Auto Tuning would be on, TURN IT OFF
Linedancer1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks will give it a go in the morning, keeps asking me log in no idea about password?

tonight have turned tv off at the mains 

0 Likes