Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

(Topic created on: 06-03-2019 03:34 PM)
SBr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

169 REPLIES 169
KenMavor
First Poster
Options

Just been checking the telly...problem still there and system not recording.

Time to escalate to John Lewis.

Ho hum.

0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options
Hi, did recording was working before? if yes, then try manual tuning, if not first check if your USB Hard drive is connecting properly and recognised by tv, formatting etc.
0 Likes
KenMavor
First Poster
Options

Reported to John Lewis.  Engineer coming out next Tuesday.  Watch this space.

Tried everything that could be done and am not going to start crossing a line when the TV should actually do waht it is meant to do.  Watch this space.  Will report back.

0 Likes
Laurus74
Explorer
Options
After reporting ours to John Lewis we had an engineer out, he updated the software & so far so good. Hope yours is a positive outcome.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Laurus74 wrote:
After reporting ours to John Lewis we had an engineer out, he updated the software & so far so good. Hope yours is a positive outcome.

I had the same and it stopped again after a couple of weeks. 

0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options
I had same, first time Samsung help helped, but then after dome time, they cannot manage to do it. New software didn't work. Looks like manual tuning or my idea is working for some time ( if USB hard drive is OK).
Still don't know what is a problem. When automatic tuning is breked then " channel optymalisation" option should disappear from menu, then recording is working but this option is visible now again....
0 Likes
tony100
Apprentice
Options

Have you tried doing a manual retune of freeview , since I did this around 3 months ago it fixed the same problem for me.  TV scheduled viewing and recording has now continued to work on every occasion and recorded around 250 programs to date. 

0 Likes
KenMavor
First Poster
Options

Think Ive tried all the various hints and tips. Still have a problem. Engineer been. Had supposed software uodate that is meant to fix the problem that Samsung now confirm exists. Tried it on my TV but no joy. Note that my TV model number is not on the list of TVs that this update works on. Engineer will report back to Samsung and investigate what next.  He also said that many TVs, Sony, lg have same problem.  He also said Samsung have advised not to replace motherboard as that does not fix the problem.  He also said he bought a samSams TV some 18 months ago and he saw the problem and it was also reported by a user.  He then checked all the Samsung TVs they were selling and ALL if them had the problem.  Will not go back to John Lewis and see what they say.

0 Likes
KenMavor
First Poster
Options
.....and another thing. Seems that Samsung are recommending that an external USB hard drive is used to record and not a USB memory stick.
What sort of external USB drive is everyone using? Speed, capacity, etc.
Any using USB memory stick.
Anyone using external SSD?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
tony100
Apprentice
Options

I'm using the following USB Hard Drive on my Samsung TV Model UE55NU8000  a  "WD My Passport 4 TB Portable Hard Drive for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 - Blue" which i got from Amazon for around £88, good value with loads of capacity. 

Has been working well for me for the past 3 months recording loads of films etc . The only issue I have ,( its a minor one ) is that the more I record to it ( currently have used 1.3TB ) the slower it takes to load Recording and Schedule Manager. I can of course delete stuff which will no doubt speed things up a bit.

0 Likes