Support

Open search

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

Explorer

Interesting.... please can you post updates here when the engineer comes round. Thanks Bryn

Explorer
What questions would you like me to ask?
Explorer
I called few times Samsung support, they didn't help, they try reset, next time they want to send to me new software but I said that I did new already, then they promise to call me next day with some other help but they stop to be interesting in my problem with recording. Reacher sound knows about it, they promise me that they can do something but I found why it happening and want to keep this TV.
In my TV problem making is option "channel optymalization" in tuning. After turning tv off when tuning automaticly and turning on back, this option just dissappear and then, recording is working. Don't know why. Tried to interest in this Samsung but it looks like they don't care about it.
First Poster

Could ypu obtain the software version number from whoever?

Explorer
You can download it from Samsung to memory stick and then use to update software in TV which will ask you to look for it on usb, other option but not working good is do it by tv.
My software version is 1262.0, probably is up to date but I turned auto update off, is always wait till other people review if is worth to update cos sometimes new software is worse then old
Highlighted
Explorer

Questions to ask......  well if the engineer fixes it, then what did he do to fix it? Not sure why they would send someone out when they can remote access it. Good luck

Explorer
Ps my version is 1202, just tried an update via the TV which is connected to the internet and it said I didn't need any updates....
First Poster

I just did exactly this. 1202 and doing an update did nowt

Explorer
Engineer didn’t say much, no surprises there! Inserted memory stick & updated software, was really quick but I’m sure it was version 1262, I asked why it wasnt rolled out & was fobbed off. Working so far but very early days.
First Poster

Well I tried turning my TV off at the wall when doing a digital auto tune but its still missing recordings. Some work, some dont. I think the scheduler gets confused by some being series recordings and some not? Where my house is there are 2 HD transmitters - one gets a stronger signal than the other. Could this be the cause? As in the TV sees two BBC One HD channels and gets confused?

Top Liked Authors