Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

(Topic created on: 21-02-2019 10:11 AM)
SBr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

169 REPLIES 169
Brynl
Explorer
Options

Interesting.... please can you post updates here when the engineer comes round. Thanks Bryn

0 Likes
Laurus74
Explorer
Options
What questions would you like me to ask?
0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options
I called few times Samsung support, they didn't help, they try reset, next time they want to send to me new software but I said that I did new already, then they promise to call me next day with some other help but they stop to be interesting in my problem with recording. Reacher sound knows about it, they promise me that they can do something but I found why it happening and want to keep this TV.
In my TV problem making is option "channel optymalization" in tuning. After turning tv off when tuning automaticly and turning on back, this option just dissappear and then, recording is working. Don't know why. Tried to interest in this Samsung but it looks like they don't care about it.
0 Likes
Techsavy
Apprentice
Options

Could ypu obtain the software version number from whoever?

0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options
You can download it from Samsung to memory stick and then use to update software in TV which will ask you to look for it on usb, other option but not working good is do it by tv.
My software version is 1262.0, probably is up to date but I turned auto update off, is always wait till other people review if is worth to update cos sometimes new software is worse then old
0 Likes
Brynl
Explorer
Options

Questions to ask......  well if the engineer fixes it, then what did he do to fix it? Not sure why they would send someone out when they can remote access it. Good luck

0 Likes
Brynl
Explorer
Options
Ps my version is 1202, just tried an update via the TV which is connected to the internet and it said I didn't need any updates....
0 Likes
KenMavor
First Poster
Options

I just did exactly this. 1202 and doing an update did nowt

0 Likes
Laurus74
Explorer
Options
Engineer didn’t say much, no surprises there! Inserted memory stick & updated software, was really quick but I’m sure it was version 1262, I asked why it wasnt rolled out & was fobbed off. Working so far but very early days.
0 Likes
dabeeeenster
First Poster
Options

Well I tried turning my TV off at the wall when doing a digital auto tune but its still missing recordings. Some work, some dont. I think the scheduler gets confused by some being series recordings and some not? Where my house is there are 2 HD transmitters - one gets a stronger signal than the other. Could this be the cause? As in the TV sees two BBC One HD channels and gets confused?

0 Likes