Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

(Topic created on: 09-01-2019 06:22 PM)
SBr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

169 REPLIES 169
Laurus74
Explorer
Options
So what do I say?
0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options
Try to tune by manual tuning in expert settings when in terrestrial TV, some people did it and then worked good, I did something different, I break automaticc tuning by turning tv of and on again
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Laurus74 wrote:

So does that mean I need to speak to John Lewis where I purchased it from? Can anyone tell me if it’s a 1 year warranty or 2, as if it’s 1 I need to get my act together as purchased it 17/01/18.

I would advise anyone who has an issue with their purchase however small,  always report to your retailers,  as they are responsible under the October 2015 Europe Consumer Law,  not the manufacturer. The problem you have by not informing you retailers especially in the first 30 days is you loose the 30 day protection.  After 6 months you then have to show it was a fault from new or known fault and if the manufacturer does not admit that you have a problem.  So always, always, report any fault in the first to your retailers, and have the fault logged, and inform you retailers that you are trying to resolve the issue with the manufacturer, but if it is not resolved then the issue is recorded. 

I bet no one has been told by a manufacturer to log a fault with their  retailers! 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Darekt wrote:
U cannot talk to supplier in first year, only Samsung, our Big Brother

Sorry but you are very incorrect. The retailers are legally responsible not the manufacturer.   The retailers may try to pass you over to Samsung but you must insist that the retailers log your fault. 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Laurus74 wrote:

So does that mean I need to speak to John Lewis where I purchased it from? Can anyone tell me if it’s a 1 year warranty or 2, as if it’s 1 I need to get my act together as purchased it 17/01/18.

Report it to them as a fault. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Laurus74 wrote:
So what do I say?

Just tell them it is not doing scheduled recording as advertised. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Darekt wrote:
Try to tune by manual tuning in expert settings when in terrestrial TV, some people did it and then worked good, I did something different, I break automaticc tuning by turning tv of and on again

Thing is your should not have to jump through hoops to get a premium tv to work as advertised. You should plug a USB drive in and everything should works as advertised. 

Paul

Laurus74
Explorer
Options
Exactly, but sadly this isn’t the case, and it’s blooming hard work getting people to admit there’s a fault, looks like tomorrow’s task is to try & speak to someone at John Lewis, bet they tell me to go to Samsung & the ping pong effect starts.
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Laurus74 wrote:
Exactly, but sadly this isn’t the case, and it’s blooming hard work getting people to admit there’s a fault, looks like tomorrow’s task is to try & speak to someone at John Lewis, bet they tell me to go to Samsung & the ping pong effect starts.

I know and sometimes it's like banging your head against a brick wall and the is a reason for that because they hope you get fed up and go away. You have to insist that they are legally responsible under the October 2015 Europe Consumer law,  and that if Samsung can not  repair or fix the fault then the retailers John Lewis is responsible,  and that the date you logged the fault with the retailers is the date of the fault not when Samsung admit they can not fix it,  which could be years,  as this has been an issue since at least 2016.

Paul

0 Likes
Brynl
Explorer
Options

The only thing wrong with my TV is the scheduled viewing and scheduled recording doesn't work, all the other stuff is great and I love the TV. The recording feature was always going to be limited in Freesat as the TV only has one tuner, plus with catch up available on the major channels, there is not such a need to record, apart from skipping the ads on the commercial channels.  Bottom line is that I will stick with the TV, but keep nagging Samsung to fix the issue. My fondness for Samsung products has been dented and I have loads of their stuff; phones, cameras, tablet,  hard drives....