Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 02:38 PM)
SBr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

169 REPLIES 169
fredbloggs
First Poster
Options

why does my samson tv say too many reservations when trying to record to a usb

0 Likes
tranx
Pioneer
Options

Samsung has acknowledged that recording functions do not work properly 'for some users' (!) but not any particular causes for these problems.

However we found that the 'too many reservations' bug can, after storing the channel list and fovourite channels, be temporarily sorted by restoring the TV to factory settings. After doing that 'too many reservations' went away but the regional BBC1 channel setting went haywire instead....

0 Likes
Brynl
Explorer
Options

That’s interesting, my TV keeps losing the local BBC1 channel on Freesat….  My solution is to forget about Freesat option and to use the satellite option.  It takes a few minutes to find and set-up the favourites list, but once its done your are go to go, plus you get Channel 4 in HD, which you cant get on Freesat.  PS I have given up on the recording feature, most progs are on catch-up, but you cant skip the ads on the commercial channels. 

AndrewFamily
First Poster
Options
Hi, just letting you know I’ve used your suggestion on our QLED 49”FAM 2017 MODEL and it worked. I now have my schedule recording again. This has happened before and factory reset to get recording again. But this time I’d did not work.
I have found that Samsung support is usually disappointing. They said It’s to do with only being able to make 30 schedule recordings, but if you go to the schedular tab, there is nothing to edit or remove. That’s when you get the message “too many reservations” but there is no way to find what’s reserved. Totally useless.
Just to say thank you for your solution,
David
0 Likes
Irukandyg
First Poster
Options

This has just happened to me .

All sorted now 

just did a manual retune tune 

you will need to retune the 6-7 blocks 

I did it from top to bottom 

only takes a couple minutes of your time .

0 Likes
Paulitxa
First Poster
Options

Guys, 

In my case, I don't have the manual tuning option so I turned off the auto data and it SEEMS (so far) to be working again normally.

My menu is in Portuguese but the path should be something like this: settings > broadcast > specialized settings > automatic data execution - uncheck to turn it off.

I had this problem in the past but it worked back by itself later (which means that the auto data was always checked on), but this time I wanted to try something to fix that immediately, and it did.

I'm sharing this attempt because maybe it's an option that can help more people, even though I am not sure how turning the auto data off will affect other functions on tv. I might also turn it on again in another moment because it has always been on before and I'll prefer to keep it like this.

Harryb
Apprentice
Options

I have a QE49Q6 TV and it has been working great since purchasing December.

Over the past few days though I have been getting a message 'Too Many Reservations' when trying to record programmes.

I have downloaded the latest firmware update and it installed ok but the message is still appearing when I try to record.

Can anyone help with this issue.

0 Likes
DLV
Apprentice
Options

Hi, sorry I am a tad late to this discussion.

I have had a number of Samsung (not so) smart TV's over the years and sometimes wonder why I have stayed with the brand.

This scheduled recording issue has been around since about 2015 and is simply caused by poorly written code. It can be affected by a number of factors, such as switching between freeview and freesat, a scheduled recording due to start when time shift is in operation, using another source such as apple tv or an online service such as Netflix, or setting too many recordings for the code to be able to store. This leads to scheduled recordings disappearing, recordings not taking place but still showing after the scheduled time which prevents further scheduled recordings to proceed, and Samsung's latest bug the dreaded "Too many reservations" error, which is really helpful - not.

While the simple "fix" includes resetting the tv, resetting the smart hub, powering down at the mains etc, these are all temporary. The scheduling code algorythm does not appear to carry out any preventative code checks, such as checking table space or object counts against maximum numbers allowed etc.

I suspect that this is part of the core code rather than a simple module rewrite, and given that Samsung have released a number of firmware updates over the years which have failed to address this as, well as memory issues and connectivity issues, it is unlikely that they will address it until they are forced to do so. Let's face it they sell thousands of TV sets worldwide and every buyer is an individual with a single voice and a limited understanding of the technical issues involved. If the picture and sound work, there are lots of channels and the remote saves them getting up from the couch, most users are reasonably happy.

In the past I have offered to use one of my TV's as a test platform and to work with Samsung on finding and rolling out a permanent fix, but alas to no aval. They seem to have the mind set that what works in a sterile lab environment will work in the real world, and as any good tech knows, the only true test is a live test.

Ah well, now that I have blown another fuse, metaphorically speaking, I guess it is time to reset the TV again and then go through the process of setting up apps, TV channels, scheduled recordings etc.

🌝

Frankcanfixit
First Poster
Options

It is my  understanding that Samsung has bowed down to the networks and rewritten their software so that record function is disabled.

The sofware for these TV's is written special my Samsung so you cannot use apps that are written for Apple or Google/Andriod.  (unless Samsung has written coad so that they can work)

So you cannot use LoCast or Philo and you cannot record.  

Is that what you are saying?

0 Likes
bobbobbob123
First Poster
Options

hey. 

ive had this same issue since buying my tv a year ago.. very frustrating, ive spent hours with samsung trying to sort it, with no luck at all. maybe a few days of it working ok. then back to rubbish.   but i believe i might have found a fix. its been a week with perfect recording.  i have put a adapter on the plug so that the tv turns off completely for a few hours every night when i am a sleep (i dont record anything over night,) i doubt it needs to be off for more than a few minutes every day. seems to reboot the system and so far everything has recorded perfectly.  its only been a week now so who knows if it will keep working but ill keep you informed. 

0 Likes