Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

(Topic created on: 19-07-2019 09:29 AM)
SBr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

169 REPLIES 169
Gaby999
First Poster
Options

Hi all I have a Samsung ue49k5 and a few other numbers I can't c anyway it's this bloody scheduled recording thing had my tv over 2 years so needles to say my receipt god knows were it is but it was bought in John Lewis just noticed that schedule recording does not work now 2 weeks ago I set stations to record and it worked fine schedule recorded everything I wanted to watch so next time I scheduled my stations to record and at first they worked but as my programs I record are through the nyt and as I said the first few days it worked but I was adding more station to record day by day and the thing saying it's full can't add no more stations to schedule record and after two days it started to switch the schedule recorded stations of at the point of turning it of it should have started recording the thing about these TVs r not cheap..this has sickened me as am sumsumg everything to phone laptop a have no idea but I will be on the phone the mora to Samsung to get answer if no solution god knows plz help me not got a clue done a reset nothing unlimited auto tuning not got a clue about manual tuning it's added below channel one 9 station from 1 to 9 help.com 

0 Likes
Juzifyahya
Apprentice
Options

Make sure that you have a dongle /USB memory stick installed in the back of the TV in the slot provided . Now if you have that already done then check if it's full . If so , delete some recorded programmes so that you can record some more . Some sticks have short memory ie 5,10,15, gigabytes.But you can get ones with 100, 200,250 gigabytes ( GB) 

i hope that sorts it 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Juzifyahya wrote:

Make sure that you have a dongle /USB memory stick installed in the back of the TV in the slot provided . Now if you have that already done then check if it's full . If so , delete some recorded programmes so that you can record some more . Some sticks have short memory ie 5,10,15, gigabytes.But you can get ones with 100, 200,250 gigabytes ( GB) 

i hope that sorts it 

Its a known fault, just read through this thread. Every Samsung tv I have had has failed in that respect. 

0 Likes
Juzifyahya
Apprentice
Options

There does seem to be an issue. I don't record much but I accept the criticisms in here.

Samsung need to improve it if they are to keep up current sales rates . 

0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options

Hi

Got same problem, first with tv in tv mode go to recordings, then schedules and check if some of them are not doubled or same time, if just delete.

Second, in tv live terrestrial mode , go to settings, broadcasting, auto tuning settings, auto tuning, start ( in my tv aerial or dish terrestrial, channel type digital, channel initialization enable ), press scan, wait till 21%, unplug tv, wait little, plug it back, there should be no signal blue screen, go to settings, broadcasting, auto tuning, start IMPORTANT there will be only two option , last one about channel initialization should GONE, then proceed with running pressing scan and let tv scan all channels, then consecration, secondary region, additional region, close, and close again.

Now samsung tv will record channels for some time, when stop again repeat above. Don't know why but is working with my 49 smart samsung.

Best to all.

Darek

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Darekt wrote:

Hi

Got same problem, first with tv in tv mode go to recordings, then schedules and check if some of them are not doubled or same time, if just delete.

Second, in tv live terrestrial mode , go to settings, broadcasting, auto tuning settings, auto tuning, start ( in my tv aerial or dish terrestrial, channel type digital, channel initialization enable ), press scan, wait till 21%, unplug tv, wait little, plug it back, there should be no signal blue screen, go to settings, broadcasting, auto tuning, start IMPORTANT there will be only two option , last one about channel initialization should GONE, then proceed with running pressing scan and let tv scan all channels, then consecration, secondary region, additional region, close, and close again.

Now samsung tv will record channels for some time, when stop again repeat above. Don't know why but is working with my 49 smart samsung.

Best to all.

Darek

And that is the issue. Why should you have to jump through hoops when it should just work. This issue has been a problem back to the JS model's 2015.

Not good. 

0 Likes
tranx
Pioneer
Options

Although I have not tried to adjust any settings for ages and we had largely given up on trying to record things, our Q9FN has mysteriously started doing scheduled recordings.

Sound has always been fine and the picture excellent, especially with PS4 with which it links very easily and well.

Maybe Samsung has finally put things right, and if so Thanks Very Much and Well Done!

0 Likes
dabeeeenster
First Poster
Options

Ive tried different Hard Disks and USB sticks and my QLED TV is still not recording stuff properly. Just ridiculous that a TV at this price cant manage basic functionality. Have updated to latest software but it still misses programs. The only time it works reliably is if the TV is already on. 

0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options

Don't think so, my Sam's stopped to record few days ago, but my idea to mak it working is still ok, try to stop auto tuning and back, best, darek

0 Likes
dabeeeenster
First Poster
Options

It shouldnt need attempted work arounds. Its ridiculous. Have Samsung even provided an offical response to the issue?

0 Likes