Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV scheduled viewing and recording not working

(Topic created on: 29-04-2019 05:56 PM)
SBr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Our scheduled viewing and scheduled recording function on our TV has recently stopped working. You can select these functions and they will show in the scheduler however no notifications are received or recordings started. If you go to the guide or scheduler after the start time of the selected programme the viewing or recording indicator has disappeared.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or able to suggest anything that may help us fix this? 

Thank you.

169 REPLIES 169
Darekt
Pioneer
Options
hi, I am using wd my passport 1 gb without any external power its enough to record plenty of movies and programs
more important when you first time connect any hard drive tv should recognise it and format
best
darek
0 Likes
Bob24601
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same problem on my QE55Q9FN tv.

I've looked into try and do the fix suggested earlier, but my manual retune is unable to be pressed, all I can do is a auto retune.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
KenMavor
First Poster
Options

Engineer looking at mine has had a reply back from Samsung.

This issue is being looked into.

A fix will be applied in a software update.

In the meantime, disable Standby Autotuning & avoid using Series Link - These should help mitigate the recording failures.

Not holding ouit much hope here.

0 Likes
rick1812
First Poster
Options

this was driving me mad ,thank goodness for this forum , i found the manuel channel scan solved my problem , thanks all

0 Likes
kerchank
First Poster
Options

I had to factory reset the TV after smarthub stopped updating properly.  Fixed smarthub but then couldn't record anything.

Worked out that one cause of this problem is that the TV decides that the USB/Disk has come from another TV which seemed to happen after the reset.

Reformatted disk (losing recordings) and everything worked fine

0 Likes
Bob24601
First Poster
Options

@kerchank wrote:

I had to factory reset the TV after smarthub stopped updating properly.  Fixed smarthub but then couldn't record anything.

Worked out that one cause of this problem is that the TV decides that the USB/Disk has come from another TV which seemed to happen after the reset.

Reformatted disk (losing recordings) and everything worked fine

But have you tried to record multiple series which run daily. As I think that is the problem as soon as it has more than 30 or so recordings booked in it fails. I don't seem to have a problem since I stopped using the series record option.

0 Likes
kerchank
First Poster
Options

My problem was that recording didn't work at all - said OK then hit DRM problem on playback.  Time shift failed as soon as I tried it.  Never tried recording more than a few episode of a series so can't comment on that.

0 Likes
Juzifyahya
Apprentice
Options
Worked for me too . Thank you .1/5/19
0 Likes
Olympus
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem for the past 12 month of owning my Samsung TV. It is a UE model.

Had contacted Samsung and had remote connection with the engineer who did a reset and that didnt work. Tried turning off auto standby and that didnt work. Updated software through usb and that didnt work.

I had given up but everytime I got a message saying the software had updated I tried performing a schedule record but this still never worked.

Today (07/05/19) another software update occurred and again I tried a schedul record and this finally worked!

I then set up a series link and this stopped it working again. I then did a full reset and then tried the schedule record which is still working. I plan to avoid using the series link in future.

I have not tried the manual tuning or the other method of switiching tv off in the midst of auto tuning but I am hopeful that this software update has finally done the trick and allowed for limited schedule record facility. 

0 Likes
G7800
First Poster
Options

Only got my hard drive and started using the advice on this forum a few weeks ago. As with last post, i deleted all recordings and scheduled recordings and started again - worked well until i tried a series link then refused to record anything. Once again, I wiped all content and it’s been working fine (so far) 🤞🏻. Seems that avoiding series link solves the problem. Thanks for all advice and help everybody.

0 Likes