Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 24-08-2017 07:47 PM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

Good evening everyone! My name is Ryan and I'm one of the Community Managers here. 

Thank you all for contributing to the thread, the Moderators have started to respond to everyone individually who's been affected. If we've missed you, please respond here so we can get in touch ASAP! 

Ryan 

0 Likes
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

Hi mate,

Ive not been contacted by any moderators? Will they be sending me an email? 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
SamsungTVUser
Journeyman
Options

Ryan

I have not been contacted.

So how long will it take engineers to fix my TV?

Will they be able to fix it? Will the remedial action work?#

Are the company still sticking to the line that they will not be offering compensation for this mess?

0 Likes
Tommyb52
Apprentice
Options
Not been contacted
Luisom77
Student
Options

Hi Ryan,

I've not been contacted

0 Likes
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

I managed to get an engineer and he came out this evening, plugged a USB stick in, no joy, now TV has gone back to workshop to be looked at. No Idea how long it will be away. Hoping it won't get fixed so I can take it back to retailer. 

MikeEvo
0 Likes
SamsungTVUser
Journeyman
Options

Outstanding!

I hope that they cannot fix mine either

0 Likes
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

Hi RyanM,

Is there actually a fix then?

Can you not just replace my TV with one that doesn't have this firmware update?

0 Likes
xxc
Journeyman
Options

Great, fix doesn't work but does that really surprise me,no

I've spoken to the BBC and will be on 5Live tonight at 1045 to discuss the disgusting service we've recieved.

0 Likes
Lg71
Explorer
Options

Good on you, XXC! I too spoke to Mitch at 5Live today but sadly will be out later tonight so couldn't take part in the show. Anyway, to update you all, there is definite truth to the suggestion that the so-called 'fix' isn't actually working and therefore can't confidently be rolled-out by the repair engineers. 

What a shambles. 

0 Likes