Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV has bright edges and a dark center !

(Topic created on: 03-10-2019 06:46 PM)
KieranTMR
Apprentice
Options

I got a SAMSUNG TV for Christmas a few years back and I was so excited and before this it was amazing couldn't fault it. Unfortunately it's recently started showing really bright glow on the edges and the center is really dark. I never experienced this on my previous BUSH TV does anyone know what's going on and can it be fixed 😞 !?!? 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @KieranTMR 

Could we take the model code and software version of the TV please? You can find these by going to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung, or if it's a more recent version, Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
KieranTMR
Apprentice
Options

Hey Chris 

Thanks any information would be greatly appreciated!

The Modal Code is UE48JS8500

And the Software Version is T-HKMDEUC-1530.1

Thanks again Chris :smiling-face:

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Seems like you're all up to date @KieranTMR. Does the fault still show if you run a picture test? Go to Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test.

0 Likes
KieranTMR
Apprentice
Options

Yeah it's still present no matter what I do 😞 unfortunately

0 Likes
NeilDonachie
Journeyman
Options

Hello. 
just wondered if Samsung were able to fix the issue you had. I'm having problems with the same tv model and light bleed and backlight etc. Considering how much the tv cost is have expected it to last more than a couple years. 

KieranTMR
Apprentice
Options

No unfortunately they didn't have a solution to my problem, still have the TV sitting gathering dust at the moment. I'd recommended LG or something next time 😞 

NeilDonachie
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for letting me know. 
I'm guessing they went silent on you when realising it wasn't a basic fix. 
having done some reading today there's a real mixed bag of responses. Very few even getting a reply here in the UK yet in the US and elsewhere some have had replacement parts to fix or even brand new TVs. Very poor to be offered nothing for what was a very expensive purchase at the time especially with it being a known fault. Will persevere with contact and see if I get anywhere but I highly doubt it. 
cheers. 

Slope74
Student
Options

Same thing happened to mine, purchased in early 2016.  Samsung authorized repair told me that the only solution was to replace the entire screen, and just the part would cost $2K. She didn't say it explicitly, but essentially it would be foolish to repair when you can get a brand new TV for less.  Out of warranty of course, so I was SOL.  This time I'm getting a SONY - they last more than 5 years.

Calvin12
First Poster
Options

My ES9000 from 2012 had the same issue now.

0 Likes