Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV aerial socket faulty?

(Topic created on: 28-04-2019 02:09 PM)
DMT
First Poster
Options

My Samsung TV has worked perfectly well for two years using a cable (HDMI) input.  However I need to move it to a different location, where there is only an aerial (coaxial) input.  When connected to this, the TV fails to recognise any channels and instead shows the "Weak Signal” message.  I have tried restoring the TV to Factory Settings and and running the Plug & Play routine (with 'Air' as Source) but Autosearch still cannot locate any channels.  A different TV (Panasonic) works fine when plugged into the same aerial socket, so I can only assume the problem lies with the Samsung TV rather than the aerial.

Is it possible to check if the Samsung TV has a faulty aerial input socket?  And, if this DOES turn out to be the problem, how do I get it fixed.

Any helpful suggestion welcomed - thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @DMT 

Let's check a few basics firstly. What's the model code of your TV? This should be on a label at the back of the TV.

0 Likes
DMT
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris.

Thanks for picking up my query.  The TV is a Samsung model LE32C530FIW, bought in 2011/12.

It has been working perfectly well to date from a cable signal, but does not recognise any signal when hooked up to an aerial.  The aerial works on another TV.

Is the aerial input port on the TV at fault or do I have to somehow 'tweak' the TV to get it to recognise the aerial source?

Thanks again.

- David

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

@DMT wrote:

It has been working perfectly well to date from a cable signal, but does not recognise any signal when hooked up to an aerial.

Has this always been the case, @DMT ?

0 Likes
DMT
First Poster
Options

The TV has worked on cable since we bought it 8 years ago.  We have never tried to use aerial as the Source on this TV until now ... and it doesn’t work (although a different TV DOES work from the same aerial source).

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Do you have any other devices currently connected to your TV, @DMT? If so, can you disconnect them and try connecting the aerial again? 

0 Likes
DMT
First Poster
Options

There is nothing else attached to the TV.  Just the aerial (and the power cable!)

0 Likes
DMT
First Poster
Options

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
DMT
First Poster
Options

Haven't heard anything from you since my response a month ago.  Any ideas why my TV doesn't work using the aerial?

Thank you.

0 Likes
N-H
First Poster
Options
My Samsung tv has the same problem and so does my mum's with the Sam tv. Must be Samsung tv's
0 Likes