Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV White Line bottom edge of screen... help

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 07:46 PM)
FenKev
Apprentice
Options

Dear All

my Samsung wide screen has a bright section along the bottom edge of the screen. It is the length of the main remote long and it looks like a light shining up from the edge making that area brighter. Any ideas on how to fix?

It's updated.

Did the pictures test and the light spot / line remained all 3 times so failed to fix.

It's a 6 series 55 - UE55KU647065FE30E3-8DAC-4662-AF92-1C2098BACDC2.jpeg

4B8A98E0-9A4E-4BD0-9C51-6D3B6281703B.jpeg

DC054AFA-C9E6-4D77-A6AB-E78191A05CA0.jpeg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @FenKev ,

if the TV didn't pass the Picture Test the next steps would be having this examined by one engineer. To find your nearest one you will need to reach Support in your region: https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

0 Likes
FenKev
Apprentice
Options
How do I know if it’s covered by warranty?
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

All our TVs are covered under a 12-months warranty. When and where did you get yours? 

0 Likes
FenKev
Apprentice
Options

Not sure but over 12mths, I guess it'll be bett r to leave it and then replace TV once it gets worse 

Peter155
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my Q7 series. Could be an issue with the latest OS?

erykpiast
Student
Options

I have a similar issue for a week now. Model QE55Q7F, 2.5 years old.

FenKev
Apprentice
Options

Mine is a similar age, very annoying and happened all of a sudden not a gradual process. I've had quite a few Samsung TVs but when I replace this one I will probably look at other brands. I didn't mind paying more for a Samsung because I thought I was buying quality but it they go wrong so quickly probably not a great investment:( 

0 Likes