Did you mean: 

TV Screen has dark section at top of screen

(Topic created on: 18-03-2019 07:54 PM)
MJB_41
First Poster
Options

TV : UE55JU6800K

Current software : T-HKMDEUC_1530.1

My TV has suddenly developed a semi transparent dark bar in top third of screen. It doesnt matter what input I use as it's there acroess all HDMI ports using many different HDMI cables. It's running the latest software as far as I can tell, have tried Auto Update and USB methods and both tell me there's no new updates available.

I've seen a couple of other similar posts on this site but there doesnt seem to be a definitive solution to this problem so I was wondering if anyone out there has any ideas? TV is approx 3 years old

IMG_4483.JPG

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

Hello ,

you must contact the after sales service, because your TV needs to be repair

0 Likes
Makroush
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I am located in amman jordan. Can someone tell me what to do.  

0 Likes
Bealy
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue just appear. Did you get this sorted? If so what did you do? Thanks 

0 Likes
MarkB1
Journeyman
Options

I contacted the Samsung support line and an engineer is coming out next week - fingers crossed they can sort it.  Exactly 1 year old!!

I'll post up how it goes and what they find to help others

0 Likes
Simon1308
First Poster
Options

Hey! I have the same exact problem! Did you ever get This issued fixed? 

0 Likes
Bealy
First Poster
Options

Evening,

unfortunatly not, it gradually got worse and ended up buying a new Sony tv.  It happened just outside the warranty so couldn't be fixed under that.

i didn't look to see if it could be repaired. I just bought a new one. 

0 Likes
MarkB1
Journeyman
Options

Hi Simon,

Yes it did get fixed. I put a call into the Samsung Helpdesk and requested a tech repair call to look at the problem. They were really good about it and repaired it there and then. The Screen has two circuit boards the control the led's for the top and one for the bottom controlling the back light to the screen. One of these had failed. So the Color LED's were working fine, but the white back lighting LED's were the problem. All good now, thanks to Samsung for a speedy repair.

Simon1308
First Poster
Options
Thanks so much for letting me know. How much did they charge you for the repair?
0 Likes
MarkB1
Journeyman
Options

Hi Simon, mine was only just out of warranty so Samsung kindly honoured it.
It all depends how old your tv is, but you should give them a call as they may do it as a good will guesture, or at worst you will give you a quote for a repair, and then you can make that call?

0 Likes