Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 03-09-2018 01:10 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

207 REPLIES 207
Punkdude1981
Explorer
Options

Hi has anybody gone through samsung with this problem ive started to make a inquiry sent pics do you send them the tv back or will they send an engineer out to repair?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Punkdude1981 wrote:

Hi has anybody gone through samsung with this problem ive started to make a inquiry sent pics do you send them the tv back or will they send an engineer out to repair?

Always report any faults or issues to your retailers. They are legally responsible under consumer law not the manufacturer. If it is less than 4 weeks old you can ask for a replacement or refund if faulty. 

Paul

0 Likes
Drakisath
Apprentice
Options

Contacted retailer (Argos) said to contact Samsung customer support as was over 3 months old, Samsung engineer came out and replaced panel.

When you speak to the Samsung repair agent tell them it needs a new panel so they will bring one with them.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Drakisath wrote:

Contacted retailer (Argos) said to contact Samsung customer support as was over 3 months old, Samsung engineer came out and replaced panel.

When you speak to the Samsung repair agent tell them it needs a new panel so they will bring one with them.

If it is less than 6 months old you can reject after 2 repair attempts and ask for a replacement or refund. 

Paul

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Drakisath wrote:

It is also important to keep your retailers up to date on repairs and contact with Samsung because it is the retailer who has to refund you not Samsung. Samsung for occasionally refund but it is rare. I am one of them. 

Paul

0 Likes
Punkdude1981
Explorer
Options
Cheers ive had it under a 9 months ive sent pics off to samsung as requested after picture test
0 Likes
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I was the original poster for this thread.   Our TV started doing this after 18 months and it was repaired under warranty, although they came and took the TV away for the repair and it was away for about a week.   It has been fine ever since, but I have been amazed to see how many others have suffered in the same way.   There is obviously a major fault with these TVs.   Ours is now exactly 3 years old and, guess what ..... the exact same fault has occurred again!!  We are at a loss to know what to do as it is now out of warranty.   Has anyone paid to get their fault repaired and how much did it cost?  These TVs have come down so much in price since we bought ours at £1299.00, we are not sure whether it is cost effective to repair it if the same thing is going to happen another 18 months down the line.  I would have thought that a TV costing £1300 should last longer than 3 years!

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Jengar wrote:

Hi, I was the original poster for this thread.   Our TV started doing this after 18 months and it was repaired under warranty, although they came and took the TV away for the repair and it was away for about a week.   It has been fine ever since, but I have been amazed to see how many others have suffered in the same way.   There is obviously a major fault with these TVs.   Ours is now exactly 3 years old and, guess what ..... the exact same fault has occurred again!!  We are at a loss to know what to do as it is now out of warranty.   Has anyone paid to get their fault repaired and how much did it cost?  These TVs have come down so much in price since we bought ours at £1299.00, we are not sure whether it is cost effective to repair it if the same thing is going to happen another 18 months down the line.  I would have thought that a TV costing £1300 should last longer than 3 years!

Under consumer law if it is a fault which was there when you bought it or a know fault you then have up to 6 years. I suggest looking on the first page of is owners refund thread and there is a link to the Which consumer tool which you fill in and it will tell you if you have case and what to do next. Hope it helps. 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Jengar wrote:

Under consumer law if it is a fault which was there when you bought it or a know fault you then have up to 6 years. I suggest looking on the first page of KS  owners refund more info thread and there is a link to the Which consumer tool which you fill in and it will tell you if you have case and what to do next. Hope it helps. 

Paul

Punkdude1981
Explorer
Options

All sorted guys cheers samsung repairs coming to repair tv and put new part on gotta say good service so far :smiling-face: