Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 21-08-2018 10:35 AM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

207 REPLIES 207
Drakisath
Apprentice
Options

Getting the same dark patches regardless of source. 6120 model 9 months old, can an Engineer contact me please?

0 Likes
evangelion806
First Poster
Options

So here’s my. 75” curved with all the bells and whistles. Is this just a piece of garbage now? March 2017 manufacturing date? Is this still under warranty? Need fixed ASAP! 

E8E6DAF5-0959-4DC9-9932-3F83EEBDE6CA.jpeg

071D0527-D7CD-4D1F-9947-76D62DBAE9A8.jpeg

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Drakisath. Did you manage to get your TV looked at?

@evangelion806 Are you based in the UK? The model code of your TV indicates that it's not a UK model.

0 Likes
Drakisath
Apprentice
Options

Bought from Argos so must be UK model. An engineer coming out Tuesday to replace panel.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great to hear you're getting it sorted! Let us know how you get on, @Drakisath.

0 Likes
Riza
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I didn't get mine sorted.. this was the second Samsung I had that did this.. totally pi**ed off with Samsung's 'support'.. ie none... set went to the tip and I have gone back to Panasonic!

beeg_20
First Poster
Options

Had a similar issue with my tv.  Claimed under samsung warranty. Samsung replaced the screen. I was impressed by the warranty / repair prcocess. They came over on a saturday and it took them about 30mins.

0 Likes
regthoma
Student
Options

Hi Beeg_20, 

My issue only lasted a day. Samsung called me and we did the TV Screen test from the settings menus and it was reading as working correctly. When I went to Netflix there was no shading etc. This led us to believe it was a cable issue according to the Samsung support guy. 

I reset my cable box and I haven't had a problem since that time. I can tell you that I am not convince what the problem is or was, but it has been fine. Some of the the screenshot posts others shared look pretty severe and I did not have that level of severity. 

I will say it's a bit unnerving. I hope Im not sitting on a problem waiting to happen based on these other customers issues that have been shared.  Not a good feeling. I'm glad it worked out for you. 

0 Likes
JayRawl
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

I bought my (expensive) Samsung 65" Frame just 3 month ago and this has started in the last 2 weeks. They are dark blotches appearing at the bottom of the screen - which completely destroys the illusion of it becoming a paintingin Art mode - especially as this appears worse in Art Mode. Rang Customer service, and I must say the response was very poor as it took 40 minutes of convincing the analyst that this needed escalation as he tried to brush me off as within tolarance!! Engineer on his way this Friday. Fingers crossed... but very concerning due to the age and price of this television. Also customer support needs fixing

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@JayRawl wrote:

Hi there,

I bought my (expensive) Samsung 65" Frame just 3 month ago and this has started in the last 2 weeks. They are dark blotches appearing at the bottom of the screen - which completely destroys the illusion of it becoming a paintingin Art mode - especially as this appears worse in Art Mode. Rang Customer service, and I must say the response was very poor as it took 40 minutes of convincing the analyst that this needed escalation as he tried to brush me off as within tolarance!! Engineer on his way this Friday. Fingers crossed... but very concerning due to the age and price of this television. Also customer support needs fixing

They seem to say that a lot. Always report the fault to your retailer as well. 

Paul 

0 Likes