Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 16-08-2017 02:16 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

Go to solution
313 REPLIES 313
DetectiveHolmes
Apprentice
Options

The only thing that has fully solved the problem for me was what I (detectiveholmes) wrote on my post about 4 or 5 comments above this one. Follow the instructions on that post to delete every single age category from every single country on the broadcast setting and then the trashy TV can't autoplay because you have to type in a code to watch trashy TV. It does not, however, stop you from watching whatever rated movie you want on your apps such as Netflix and Google play 😊

0 Likes
Vinitm
First Poster
Options

On the Tv Smart remote keep the Right side flat button pressed while you are in the TV ***** menu. the settings will show up and there you can delete the channels

0 Likes
Boele
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone know if the new update changes anything?

0 Likes
Tsimeur
First Poster
Options

I did a CHAT with Samsung.  They had me unplug the TV from wall for a minute.  Plugged it back in and it stopped starting with TV plus.  I was also able to remove the icon.

It still will not start on last app as setup but I'm happy not to have the TV plus auto turn on.

0 Likes
occicat
Explorer
Options

Glad you sorted yours. By chance what tv model do you have?

0 Likes
occicat
Explorer
Options

Doesnt work for mu9000 series

0 Likes
Tsimeur
First Poster
Options

My last firmware update was dated 01/20/19.   I was thinking it fixed it in that and then had to do a hard reset to get it to take the update.  

0 Likes
occicat
Explorer
Options

Mods, admins, can we get a sticky at the top requesting posts for the tv plus app interference include their Samsung tv model?

0 Likes
Tsimeur
First Poster
Options

Q6 Series

0 Likes
yorkshireyeti
Student
Options

Has anyone complained to  Ofcom yet, this surely breaches the rules set out by them:

-as the content thats broadcast on the tvplus channels surely breaches the watershed rules?

- Is forcing users to view it without choice(whenever i start my  tv there it is, regardless of the channel i have left it on when i last turned it off)

Also i need to ask samsung(if they will ever answer) how long before you decide that my legally bought tv becomes a censored piece of tech which you decide my content, not the consumer? At least with my really old TV if i didnt want a channel i just did not need to tune into it(analogue was bliss sometimes)