Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 10-12-2018 02:31 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
BenM1
Journeyman
Options

Yes, this is exactly what happens to us.  It's completely inappropriate.  The only way to counter this is to boycott Samsung TVs.

0 Likes
BenM1
Journeyman
Options

Agreed.  If this is their pathetic attempt to get more money off customers then we just have to vote with our feet.

0 Likes
BenM1
Journeyman
Options
Yes, I experience this exact issue. I have no channels in my Guide but Rakuten TV auto-plays with unsuitable trailers.
0 Likes
BenM1
Journeyman
Options

Actually it doesn't permanently remove it on my model (UE40MU6400).  The four Rakuten channels come back and the default app is forced back to TV Plus.  Quite what causes that (e.g. firmware update, completely unplugging from power) I don't know.  All I do know is that after performing the steps recommended by the Samsung helpdesk (and being assured it would not come back) it did.  And my 5 and 8 years old kids saw things they shouldn't have.

0 Likes
SimonB_in_UK
Apprentice
Options

Yes Same issue inappropriate adds, #1 worst thing about this otherwise really good TV, but black mark against samsung come on guys fix this. , I deleted the TV Plus channel as suggested in other forums but they have come back. 

0 Likes
Wadadli
Apprentice
Options

Deleting the 4000 channels from the list has worked for me so far. Now the cunning barstewards have managed to get round it by forcing the TV onto channel 4000 at switch on, even though the chanbel is no longer in the channel list.  I agree with the sentiment expressed here that annoying their customers to this extent is going to destroy brand loyalty. I certainly won't be buying another Samsung TV in future.

0 Likes
BrianCarlson24
Student
Options

This solution does not work for me. The options don't even appear.

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

@BrianCarlson24 wrote:

This solution does not work for me. The options don't even appear.

The one via the service menu, or the one where you delete the channels & lock the app (shown in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaWnm3Ji34Q)?

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options
Somewhere in the settings you can tell the TV to open last used app. So if Freesat/Digital TV was on when you power down the when the TV restarts it goes back to Freesat. I have no issue with Roku app I moved it to the end and I think if you press down you can remove it from the home page (still installed but not visible)
Guys dont be scared to mess about with settings and apps that is what factory reset is for you can not physically break it.
0 Likes
caldrax
Apprentice
Options

Samsung, there are 17 pages of people who hate this app. Let us get rid of it.

(I've tried the solutions presnted here and like others, it always comes back)

0 Likes