Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 05-12-2018 09:42 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
ohmygodie
Student
Options

@Lima497 wrote:
The following helped me fix this issue and get rid of TV Plus.

What you need:
- An original Samsung remote with buttons (For example: BN59-01198Q)

Note:
- My walkthrough will not work with any Samsung Smart Remote

1. Reset your Samsung TV to factory settings. Can be done with the regular menu
2. Turn off your TV
3. Unplug power chord and press the power button on the remote to empty all condensators
4. Plug in the power chord of the TV and
5a. If it starts up automatically, shut off the TV and wait 10 seconds
5b. wait 10 seconds
6. Point the Samsung remote towards the TV and press the following buttons after each other: INFO > MENU > MUTE > POWER
7. The TV will start and there will be a speacial menu displayed
NOTE: If this menu does not appear and the TV starts as it usually does, power off the TV and wait 10 seconds and try the button sequence from step 6 again. I had to redo this about 6 times until it finally brought me the service menu.
8. If the TV has started and the service menu (you'll notice it...) appears, use the arrows on the remote to navigate and go to «Option» and press the arrow pointing to the right on the remote.
9. Navigate to «MRT Option» and press the arrow pointing to the right on the remote.
10. Navigate to «TV Plus Support» and press the Enter button (Arrow going down and to the left) on the remote
11. Press the arrow pointing to the right on the remote and make sure it says «TV Plus Support OFF»
12. Press the return button repeatedly until you're at the top menu again.
13. Turn off your TV and that's it. That did it for me.

Thx ! this worked for my 2018 Q9FN (QE55Q9FNNA)

Lucky i had another older samsung tv, that had an "old" remote control with all the butons to enter the menu...

endpoint101
Navigator
Options

This video might help & doesn't need you to go into the service menu. Removing the channels, then locking one of the apps really helps with the problem;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaWnm3Ji34Q

0 Likes
AndyCzuk01
First Poster
Options

I cant stand this TV anymore. I wont be  buying a Samsung again and neither has anyone else i know since they've been shown the videos of the adverts the OS shows on the bottom banner and the fact you cannot turn TV+ off.

Even if you go into the channel list and delete all the channels from TV+, when you go back to the TV main screen it always keeps the channel that was last in the list active. It's basically malware. Why would i pay 800 pounds for a TV that i can't turn adverts off on. Not to mention they are completely inappropriate. If i turn the TV supervised with my children i dont expect the 1st thing i see to be a trailer for an R rated horror movie.

Tanky1903
First Poster
Options

I have tried for an hour to delete this tv plus. I am 83 years old KNOW very little about computers.    Hope you can help

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

The video I posted above should help.

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@Gregory_7 wrote:
It was the same for me, I checked out (Delete) all TV Plus channels in the channel list. now it doesnt show up anymore.. for now atleast :smiling-face: . Source -> Live TV -> Channel List -> select TV plus -> Select all channels ->Delete

This is the solution it is not difficult to do and gets rid of tv+ You need to change a setting so the TV does not go onto the last used app if you need to stop that too. Or turn it on so it goes to what ever you used last.

Thanks to the OP of this solution 

0 Likes
tranx
Pioneer
Options

If there is a problem due to the kind of previews on the 'Popular Now' bar of the Smart Hub you can choose what type of channels appear there, as follows.

1.  Set up some  channels, in e.g. 'Favourites 1', and, in the Channel Guide, navigate left and all the way up to 'Filter by',  and next, from the drop down menu, select 'Favourites 1'

2. Go to the 'Smart Hub', navigate up to 'Browse More', and click 'OK'

3. Navigate fully to the top of the page, so 'Settings' can be selected by going right and then click 'OK'  (in order to get the settings for 'On Now')

4. In each of the 'On Now settings' sections, go through all the 'Genres' etc. and de-select everything.

Then, in the bar of preview images at the bottom, the 'Popular Now' bar shows favourite TV channels, which might be more useful.

0 Likes
Boele
Apprentice
Options

@ohmygodie wrote:

@Lima497 wrote:

What you need:

Note:

2. Turn off your TV
3. Unplug power chord and press the power button on the remote to empty all condensators
5b. wait 10 seconds
6. Point the Samsung remote towards the TV and press the following buttons after each other: INFO > MENU > MUTE > POWER
NOTE: If this menu does not appear and the TV starts as it usually does, power off the TV and wait 10 seconds and try the button sequence from step 6 again. I had to redo this about 6 times until it finally brought me the service menu.
8. If the TV has started and the service menu (you'll notice it...) appears, use the arrows on the remote to navigate and go to «Option» and press the arrow pointing to the right on the remote.
9. Navigate to «MRT Option» and press the arrow pointing to the right on the remote.
10. Navigate to «TV Plus Support» and press the Enter button (Arrow going down and to the left) on the remote
11. Press the arrow pointing to the right on the remote and make sure it says «TV Plus Support OFF»

Lucky i had another older samsung tv, that had an "old" remote control with all the butons to enter the menu...

This worked for me. 

Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@Boele wrote:

@ohmygodie wrote:

@Lima497 wrote:

What you need:

Note:

2. Turn off your TV
5b. wait 10 seconds

This worked for me. 

Messing with the engineering menu can void your warranty I am sure. It may not but Samsung could refuse to do a repair and or charge you. Like rooting a Samsung phone they can tell and it blows an efuse and trips the Knox security. Be careful not to mess with other settings. 

Why people need that menu for TV+ the answer is on the first page of this thread.

0 Likes
BenM1
Journeyman
Options
TV Plus and the age-inappropriate auto-running Rakuten trailers will very likely come back. It has happened to me twice now.
0 Likes