Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 01-08-2018 01:17 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

Have a read through this thread it is very easy to remove those channels

Once you delete the 4000 numbers TV+ goes from the apps and home screen

I have TV+ but my TV always goes onto the last used app or TV station I watched on the normal TV app.

Set up the TV to start up on the last used app that you used and it takes away it booting to TV+ all the time

tranx
Pioneer
Options

@JAMES4578 wrote:

@tranx wrote:

@Timmy3 wrote:

I have the same issue. I don't want to watch channel 4000 and have no interest in Rakuken and the rubbish on it  but my TV defaults to the channel. Needs to be fixed or this will be my last Samsung TV! 

My own experience has been that, for such expensive gadgetry, Samsung's cut down and generic built in 'e-Manuals' have long been totally inadequate and that, as a consequence, their search functions have little chance to be much use. Customer Services also often need to look things up, but inadequate documentation seems to keep them just as much in the dark as the customers!

Maybe it's time for Samsung to take some notice?

Hi @tranx,  Maybe the e manuals are not  quite ideal for everyone, however comprehensive Samsung manuals are available via the support site. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/     They do focus on a series but sometimes not a great deal of difference between different models.  I find this  site useful for checking specifications of particular models (many mauufactuers are listed)  https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/brand/08cd6

Thanks for the link and I have only tried "pair with bluetooth headphones" but 'nothing could be found' and it's a bit annoying that in the e-manual there was nothing under 'H'(eadphones), 'B'(uetooth), or 'P'(airing) either.

In passing, have already spotted something for pairing somewhere, perhaps in some sound options, but as yet can't find it again. I believe that this is just the sort of thing that many users would need to discover and e.g. In Panasonic's paperwork it would be easy to find something like this straight away...

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@tranx wrote:

@JAMES4578 wrote:

@tranx wrote:

@Timmy3 wrote:

I have the same issue. I don't want to watch channel 4000 and have no interest in Rakuken and the rubbish on it  but my TV defaults to the channel. Needs to be fixed or this will be my last Samsung TV! 

My own experience has been that, for such expensive gadgetry, Samsung's cut down and generic built in 'e-Manuals' have long been totally inadequate and that, as a consequence, their search functions have little chance to be much use. Customer Services also often need to look things up, but inadequate documentation seems to keep them just as much in the dark as the customers!

Maybe it's time for Samsung to take some notice?

Hi @tranx,  Maybe the e manuals are not  quite ideal for everyone, however comprehensive Samsung manuals are available via the support site. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/     They do focus on a series but sometimes not a great deal of difference between different models.  I find this  site useful for checking specifications of particular models (many mauufactuers are listed)  https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/brand/08cd6

Thanks for the link and I have only tried "pair with bluetooth headphones" but 'nothing could be found' and it's a bit annoying that in the e-manual there was nothing under 'H'(eadphones), 'B'(uetooth), or 'P'(airing) either.

In passing, have already spotted something for pairing somewhere, perhaps in some sound options, but as yet can't find it again. I believe that this is just the sort of thing that many users would need to discover and e.g. In Panasonic's paperwork it would be easy to find something like this straight away...

This is a general  guide for Pairing Bluetooth Headphones https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062502/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
tranx
Pioneer
Options

Re. Bluetooth Headphones

Found it through Home, Source, 'Connection Guide':-

Settings> Sound> Sound Output> OK> Speaker List> OK> 'needs pairing'

Works beautifully and, once the headphones have been paired, 

whenever the headphones are powered on,

a pop up on the TV asks whether to switch the sound from Tv to headphones.

0 Likes
tranx
Pioneer
Options

Thanks James, crossposting!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@tranx, fine  and indeed tou need to go into Sound Settings.  Anyway as long as you have it sorted :smiling-face:  Got a bit off topic here.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Batch381
First Poster
Options

Omg. Thank you so much! Tv plus is the worst thing in the world!!

It even changed the channel when turning it on to one of those tv plus channels. Most annoying thing in the world. I am so happy to be rid of this!! 

jules65
Student
Options

Hi, I am also having problems with Tv plus I had deleted it but its back again stuck on this channel and my remote will not respond to the tv , its not the remote itself as ive tried it on another tv so I cannot enter the menu or change source back to my Humax box  tried turning off etc  any ideas please 

tranx
Pioneer
Options

@jules65 wrote:

Hi, I am also having problems with Tv plus I had deleted it but its back again stuck on this channel and my remote will not respond to the tv , its not the remote itself as ive tried it on another tv so I cannot enter the menu or change source back to my Humax box  tried turning off etc  any ideas please 

If it's the Tv which won't respond to the remote it could be a system crash.

If it is like our Q9FN, and the Tv will not switch off, you could try the controls on the bottom edge of the panel, under the Samsung logo. Pressing the central one of the five buttons there brings up a display on-screen to show the functions of the the hidden buttons 'Smart Hub', 'Settings', 'Return', 'Source', 'Power Off'.

If you can't turn off the power that way to be able to get the Tv working again there is nothing for it but to unplug.  Then if you don't mind starting from scratch again its Settings> General> Start Setup.

jules65
Student
Options

Hi, thank you for your reply , I had to turn off at the plug but its still stuck on tv plus ! My tv is model UE40KU6020KXXU it doesnt have any controls on the front but has a paddle control on the back but only for sound and channel up/down even when trying to turn onto a normal channel with that it jumps back to 4000 and flips through the tv plus channels randomly !