Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 29-07-2018 03:46 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@Gregory_7 wrote:
It was the same for me, I checked out (Delete) all TV Plus channels in the channel list. now it doesnt show up anymore.. for now atleast :smiling-face: . Source -> Live TV -> Channel List -> select TV plus -> Select all channels ->Delete

The above quote is how to remove TV plus And my shaky YouTube vid is how to get them back

You tube video

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Samsung have told me that i will have my free vouchers applied back to my account in the next few days means its up and running again. What is the address to check my account for them as i seen somewhere on here you can, but cant find it?

Cheers

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@valleyboy22 wrote:

Samsung have told me that i will have my free vouchers applied back to my account in the next few days means its up and running again. What is the address to check my account for them as i seen somewhere on here you can, but cant find it?

Cheers

It shows you here on page 5 of UHD Movies thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Free-UHD-films/td-p/369814/page/5

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Brilliant thanks

Timmy3
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I don't want to watch channel 4000 and have no interest in Rakuken and the rubbish on it  but my TV defaults to the channel. Needs to be fixed or this will be my last Samsung TV! 

tranx
Pioneer
Options

Hi Timmy3,

would you explain what you mean by '...my TV defaults to the channel...', please?

i.e. Do you mean that it 'default's to channel 4000, or does it actually 'default'  to TV Plus?

and does 'default' mean the channel shown in the 'recommendations' pannel across the centre when you press the Home-Logo button on the standard/old fashioned remote?

Did you know that, In the first setup menus, you can choose Terrestrial or Satellite channels, instead of TVPlus, to appear in the bar for recommendations?

0 Likes
tranx
Pioneer
Options

@Timmy3 wrote:

I have the same issue. I don't want to watch channel 4000 and have no interest in Rakuken and the rubbish on it  but my TV defaults to the channel. Needs to be fixed or this will be my last Samsung TV! 

It is indeed annoying when one cannot work out what is going on - and it is glaringly obvious that Samsung should provide a proper User Manual for each of their TV's. For example Panasonic has always done a much better job with a comprehensive and searchable pdf for each of their TVs, which must help it's street cred so much more!

My own experience has been that, for such expensive gadgetry, Samsung's cut down and generic built in 'e-Manuals' have long been totally inadequate and that, as a consequence, their search functions have little chance to be much use. Customer Services also often need to look things up, but inadequate documentation seems to keep them just as much in the dark as the customers!

Maybe it's time for Samsung to take some notice?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Timmy3 wrote:

@Timmy3, have you checked the set up menus as @tranx suggests  and have you noted the advice earlier in this thread  regarding editing channels and resetting earlier in this thread?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@JAMES4578 wrote:

@Timmy3 wrote:

@Timmy3, have you checked the set up menus as @tranx suggests  and have you noted the advice earlier in this thread  regarding editing channels and resetting earlier in this thread?

Typical so many having issues with this yet you have to mess around to try to sort it. You should be able to easily have your own default channel. 

Paul

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@tranx wrote:

@Timmy3 wrote:

My own experience has been that, for such expensive gadgetry, Samsung's cut down and generic built in 'e-Manuals' have long been totally inadequate and that, as a consequence, their search functions have little chance to be much use. Customer Services also often need to look things up, but inadequate documentation seems to keep them just as much in the dark as the customers!

Maybe it's time for Samsung to take some notice?

Hi @tranx,  Maybe the e manuals are not  quite ideal for everyone, however comprehensive Samsung manuals are available via the support site. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/     They do focus on a series but sometimes not a great deal of difference between different models.  I find this  site useful for checking specifications of particular models (many mauufactuers are listed)  https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/brand/08cd6

0 Likes