Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus

(Topic created on: 23-06-2018 06:25 PM)
poppasmurf
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a new Samsung UHD TV.  It has an annoying TV Plus app which I don't want as it's only trying to sell me something I don't want, and I cannot seem to delete.  I keeps coming back.

Anyone any ideas?  

313 REPLIES 313
Chathura
Journeyman
Options

When you select "Live TV" from the menu at the bottom of the screen, you can see the Channel List. Once you go there, you have "All channels" option on the top left. Select that and select "Edit" option. Then you can see all the channels. When you go to the bottom of that list, you can see the 4 of TV Plus channels. Select them and Delete those 4. That's it. My opinion is that we should be able to sue Samsung for the unwanted stress level they put on the very people who trusted them to buy their product.

Mchelle
Journeyman
Options

I think it’s hit and miss as to whether deleting the tv plus channels actually works.  As I’ve said, that never worked for me.  The only thing that has solved the problem for me is turning off Anynet+.  My tv has now been fine for the last three months since doing this.  

lococol
Explorer
Options

Thats not it though. I did that and it worked, for a while. Now I am getting the server message and its definately the TVplus app. It keeps kicking in while I am on the computer, it sees no channels because I have deleted them so it gives the server message. 

0 Likes
Mchelle
Journeyman
Options

It must just solve things differently for different TVs then.

i deleted all the tv plus apps, that did not work and I kept getting the unable to connect to server messsge - same as you are because it did not have any apps to connect to.  I then sent my tv away to be looked at.  They have left the tv plus apps on the tv but turned off anynet and now it works perfectly.  It doesn’t try to connect to tv plus, instead it remains perfectly on the correct hdmi setting of my choice. 

0 Likes
lococol
Explorer
Options

That's good news. I turned off anynet as a tick box option but it didn't work. Glad you got yours sorted. 

0 Likes
Chathura
Journeyman
Options

You have to tick it and delete it. I chose Quest Red+ here as an example, because I don't have TV+ channels anymore. But in your case, select the TV+ channels instead and delete using the delete button.

IMG_20180620_151056.jpgIMG_20180620_151137.jpgIMG_20180620_151241.jpgIMG_20180620_151307.jpg

0 Likes
Thermology
Journeyman
Options

15295295350578930413119721809984.jpg

15295295629461535331977191167291.jpg

15295295899143545416862087753700.jpg

As per my images, I don't have the options people are discussing here. Can someone help?

0 Likes
lococol
Explorer
Options

Did you fix it yet? 

0 Likes
Chathura
Journeyman
Options

Please give a try finding "Live TV" in the apps. Usually, it is there in the home screen, but since it isn't there in your case, I assume that you should find it in "Apps"

0 Likes
lococol
Explorer
Options

The option for TV in the apps is permenantly there. It is still playing up. Why does the title of this thread say 'solved'? It is far from solved. Really not enough help online. This is the only thread. Am I the only one with the server message?

0 Likes