Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus not working correctly?

(Topic created on: 14-09-2018 07:03 PM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

This is on a brand new 55" NU7300 Smart TV.

We have Sky and that is working perfectly but I'd like to know that the TV can receive channels too as a backup.

The situation at the moment despite several scans is that the Guide doesn't show any traditional channels, ie BBC, ITV the channels that are there are SD not HD although I have spotted some UHD stuff in there something (films or demos I think). At one point a scan picked up BBC but it was very poor and subsequently realised it was BBC Wales - I am in East Somerset, currently there is no BBC or ITV.

Earlier the TV signal strength was varying between 66% and 70% but the quality was 100%, I notice that right now (2030 hours) the Signal strength is 54% and the Signal Quality 35%. Channel ID is 52.

Previous TV, another Samsung with Freeview, worked fine. Other TV's on the same distribution system work fine.

Can anyone advise whether I might have a faulty TV, whether its me or something else like poor signal please?

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Ogben812 wrote:

This is on a brand new 55" NU7300 Smart TV.

We have Sky and that is working perfectly but I'd like to know that the TV can receive channels too as a backup.

The situation at the moment despite several scans is that the Guide doesn't show any traditional channels, ie BBC, ITV the channels that are there are SD not HD although I have spotted some UHD stuff in there something (films or demos I think). At one point a scan picked up BBC but it was very poor and subsequently realised it was BBC Wales - I am in East Somerset, currently there is no BBC or ITV.

Earlier the TV signal strength was varying between 66% and 70% but the quality was 100%, I notice that right now (2030 hours) the Signal strength is 54% and the Signal Quality 35%. Channel ID is 52.

Previous TV, another Samsung with Freeview, worked fine. Other TV's on the same distribution system work fine.

Can anyone advise whether I might have a faulty TV, whether its me or something else like poor signal please?

Thanks.

First thing report it to your retailers as a fault that it will not tune terrestrial channels. They are responsible under the regs. If you previous TV worked ok then it does suggest there is a problem with the TV. Seems to be an issue as others have reported Simarlar problems. 

Paul

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Just fyi this is sorted. Turned out to be a short circuit in the wall socket.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news, @Ogben812! Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes