Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU7000 and Sky HDR intermittent black screen

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 08:29 PM)
Camelface
Explorer
Options

Hi  there

I've recently purchased a Samsung TU7000 UHD TV which is generally great. The only issue I have is when viewing the very few new HDR offerings through Sky Q. 

I get an intermittent black screen flash up for a second or 2 at random intervals although the audio carries on. The TV picks up that's it's an HDR HLG signal as this shows on the TV display. The problem doesn't happen on normal UHD viewings. I've tried a different 18gb speed HDMI cable but the issue still exists.

Can any of you Sammy experts shed any light on a possible fix please? 

Thanks

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Camelface ,

Have you rebooted your SKYQ box by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnecting? If that didn't correct the fault, would you be able to try a different HDMI port on your tv?

0 Likes
Camelface
Explorer
Options

Hi and thanks for the quick response. 

Yes, I have power cycled both the Sky Q box and TV. Tried changing HDMI ports and the cable but the problem still exists. Also, both the TV and Sky Q are running the latest firmware so they both appear up to date. Do you have any further ideas how to fix this?

Eddie1967
Journeyman
Options

Hi good morning to all.i have just bought a new Samsung ue75tu7000 everything works fine uhd is fantastic. I go to the new sky tv channel that is hdr and am getting the screen going black for 2 or 3 seconds.i rang sky and after one hour on the phone I was told this is Samsung's problem. I have updated the tv and the skybox and changed the hdmi still the same problem. my tv is a new line 2020 model and you would think that it would be spot on for all this new stuff coming out.if anyone has fixed this problem please can you let us know thanks to all ad keep safe and well 

Camelface
Explorer
Options

Hi Eddie

Glad I'm not alone lol. I've tried all sorts to no avail on my TU7000. Hoping the Samsung Mod will come back to us on here with a solution asap or my TV is going back under the 14 day cooling off and getting a different brand.

Eddie1967
Journeyman
Options

Am just over my 14 days but I think it's 28 day's now. I will have to look it up.but I do think Samsung will give us some updates soon. I know thare isn't a lot of hdr at this moment but that's not the point it you pay for a good tv then you want it spot on pal

Camelface
Explorer
Options

Ok, so I spent around an hour this morning with Sammy customer services who remote accessed the TV but were unable to solve the issue. Engineers visit has now been authorised so I'll keep you posted...

Eddie1967
Journeyman
Options

Thankyou camelface let's hope and pray that Samsung can fix this problem.if thay do then I will be on the phone to them to get mine done 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Camelface  Hopefully some joy from the engineer visit.

For anyone who has this issue  the advice from Sky on Samsung models is return  to Sky Q Home, and then trying to watch in HDR again.  However obviously will not sort it for everyone.

Sky Q-UHD and HDR 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Camelface
Explorer
Options
@JAMES4578 thanks. I'd not seen that info from sky