Did you mean: 

Stuck at smart hub being updated

(Topic created on: 06-04-2020 08:37 AM)
Amaksoud
Journeyman
Options

Hello, 

My TV’s model code is UA40J5200

last night i reset smart hub and since then I receive the above message “ your smart hub is being updated, please try again later”.

I checked today morning to find it the same. I then tried to do EEPROM reset but the TV didn’t restart twice on its own as I was expecting so I guess the EEPROM reset for this model has different procedures.

Should it restart twice after I press the power button on the remote controller for 3 seconds and release it ? 

Here’s what I did 

1- press and hold physical power button (tv turned off)

2- within 10 seconds from step 1, press and hold remote controller power button for 3 seconds (tv starts again) 

Any help would be appreciated

31 REPLIES 31
Crookie
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. Just did this after trying every other reset and it worked a treat. 

DaveB-COYS
First Poster
Options

Followed instructions in Micky1985 post, worked a treat on UE22F5400

Thanks

Shaz173
First Poster
Options
Thanks so much Mickey, i've been googling a fix for the past 2 months for my 16 year old daughters samsung smart tv and was about to give up and buy an amazon firestick - you are our hero ❤
Colette01
First Poster
Options
Thankyou so much. It worked 👏👏👏👏
0 Likes
Smeg35
First Poster
Options

I think i'm the only person that tried Mickey's method and it didn't work. I have spent the last 5 hours tryin to resolve this issue. When i saw Mickey's suggestion and that it had worked for multiple people, i thought i had finally found the solution. I ended up wasting more time and it didn't work for me. I was so pissed off and was about to send Samsung an angry email, i was so fed up at that point that i started spamming the app and when it said it was updating i would press okay and click the app again. I was doing it really fast over and over again then it suddenly worked and opened netflix. If nothing works try that. You will have to spam it a lot though. At this point i'm not sure if the problem is completely fixed or if i will have more issue. Either way i am never purchasing a Samsung product ever again. It's shame because i used to think Samsung created good products. Not anymore

0 Likes
AmMaz
First Poster
Options

My apps had disappeared and were not available on Samsung apps page. This worked for me: 

1) I followed the procedure listed in this forum for manually selecting the country ((UK) etc.

2) Having got the apps back, to get beyond the updating try later message I opened the apps one at a time from the Samsung apps (icon) screen as also recommended above.

Prior to all of the above I had reset everything to no avail. 

Thank you for the advice. I now have my players back! I had to sign in to all of them again but glad to.

0 Likes
AmMaz
First Poster
Options
This worked!
0 Likes
Simonsdiamonds
Student
Options

This just started today. Stuck on "smart hub is being updated ". I've done a factory reset. No joy. Toggled on app and ok, no joy. Tried starting from Samsung app and it says this function isn't allowed when I try to download.  Help!

0 Likes
AmMaz
First Poster
Options

Try also the manually updating the country (UK). There are instructions on how to do that in these community threads. That was the breakthrough for me.

0 Likes
CyMel46
First Poster
Options

@Amaksoud wrote:

Hello, 

My TV’s model code is UA40J5200

last night i reset smart hub and since then I receive the above message “ your smart hub is being updated, please try again later”.

I checked today morning to find it the same. I then tried to do EEPROM reset but the TV didn’t restart twice on its own as I was expecting so I guess the EEPROM reset for this model has different procedures.

Should it restart twice after I press the power button on the remote controller for 3 seconds and release it ? 

Here’s what I did 

1- press and hold physical power button (tv turned off)

2- within 10 seconds from step 1, press and hold remote controller power button for 3 seconds (tv starts again) 

Any help would be appreciated

I had this problem and tried many suggested fixes without success.
My tv was connected via a wired network. I disconnected the ethernet and connected via wi-fi. I was immediately able to download all apps that I wanted. I went back to wired network and problem has disappeared.

TV is 2015 model UA48J6200.

0 Likes