Did you mean: 

Stuck at smart hub being updated

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 04:03 PM)
Amaksoud
Journeyman
Options

Hello, 

My TV’s model code is UA40J5200

last night i reset smart hub and since then I receive the above message “ your smart hub is being updated, please try again later”.

I checked today morning to find it the same. I then tried to do EEPROM reset but the TV didn’t restart twice on its own as I was expecting so I guess the EEPROM reset for this model has different procedures.

Should it restart twice after I press the power button on the remote controller for 3 seconds and release it ? 

Here’s what I did 

1- press and hold physical power button (tv turned off)

2- within 10 seconds from step 1, press and hold remote controller power button for 3 seconds (tv starts again) 

Any help would be appreciated

31 REPLIES 31
Amaksoud
Journeyman
Options
Hate to disappoint you but my TV always takes about 45 to 60 seconds after power on to be able to start smart hub from day 1, can't really recall what the message is but it has always been like this since I bought it and I got used to it. I'm running the latest firmware BTW :smiling-face:
0 Likes
bjornj
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the update.

On Monday I will chat with the Samsung support-people. I am pretty sure (as sure I can be without access to source code) this is caused by erroneous design. Let's see if they have a decent work around. I will keep you posted.

I am using 3 channels to drive the TV: 1) terrestial digital tv, 2) Smart hub-built-in thru wifi, 3) Chromecast thru wifi.

If my wifi had not preferred to use 2) to watch Viaplay I would have had a very easy & good work-around.

BR Björn (who is M.Sc CSE & IEEE Sr member)

bjornj
Journeyman
Options

Upate after my chat w/ the Samsung support-people.

Short-version: what a waste of time. I believe the built-in Smart-hub is a dying feature.

Long(er) version: They recommended "reset of Smart Hub". Did not help but I have the opportunity to enter credentials again. Fun. Not.

Bottom-line: I will convince my wife to use her Android phone to drive Chromecast to drive the Samsung TV. On Android 9 the Chromecast & the apps work like a charm.

0 Likes
Nheckman
First Poster
Options
This worked! Thanks.
0 Likes
Vibrancegrl
First Poster
Options

Mine has been  doing the same thing for 3 weeks now. I just tried the advice from someone in this thread and it worked!! Go into smart hub, click on an app that you have never used. It will say that app needs updated, it updates automatically and away you go! Yay!!

0 Likes
Jamie12
First Poster
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @Amaksoud 

Are you still receiving the message 'your Smart Hub is being updated'?

0 Likes
Jamie12
First Poster
Options

Ive ticked the agreed boxes done a factory reset. Clicked on recent apps and also switched off tv by power and remote. Also pressed mute 1,8,2 but nothing 

0 Likes
Micky1985
Student
Options
  1. Turn off TV with remote control.
  2. Wait a few moments.
  3. With the remote control press the following keys in sequence:          Info -> Menu -> Mute -> Power. I repeated this twice and the Service Mode screen then appeared.
  4. Select the 'Option' menu item.
  5. Select 'Factory Reset'.
  6. Wait for the TV to restart.
  7. After 30 minutes the TV had not restarted so I turned it on with the remote and I was presented with the setup screen.
  8. Followed the setup.
  9. Went to Smart Hub to find all my apps back and working!
Kimmy071364
First Poster
Options

I'm having same problem my model number is UE48H6240 I done factory reset

0 Likes
Kimmy071364
First Poster
Options

I'm now being told that when you try to down load an app it's says The function is not currently supported

0 Likes