Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sounds problems with All 4 on Samsung smart TV

(Topic created on: 11-12-2018 10:23 AM)
SydneySteve
Apprentice
Options

I am having sound problems with Channel 4’s All 4 on my smart TV (Samsung UE43NU7400). The app is version 6.17.914. 

The problem starts following commercial breaks, and does not happen every time (the issue occurs probably 70% of the time). After the ad break, the audio flickers on and off repeatedly, which makes the show impossible to watch. 

I have tried changing DNS settings and resetting smart TV. Did not help. 

The only fix I have found is turning the TV and and off (which only occasionally fixes it) or going into the app menu, settings and reinstalling All 4 (which only occasionally fixes it). Often the app then crashes. 

Please help! My All 4 home screen is full of half-finished episodes 😞

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @SydneySteve.

Did you manage to get this resolved or are you still having the same issue?

0 Likes
SydneySteve
Apprentice
Options

Still having the issue. 

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

Ah, this is something I've come across in the last couple of weeks. I've raised it via Channel 4 support .. it took some time for them to accept the problem, since they wanted me to do a bunch of things including resetting the Smart Hub .. which was  a right pain, needing me to re-log in to all the apps, which is soooo tedious for some of the services which don't let you log in with a token & force you to use an on-screen keyboard! :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

This is a video of the problem I experienced; 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhel3O_-i0Q

In my last email to them I sent them the link so their technical team has some proof.

I was able to switch over to my Fire TV Box and resume the exact same program without any problems, so it's the app for the TV that's at fault.

Feel free to raise it with Channel 4.. the more people report it, the more likely it is to get fixed.

Their last response to me was;

We appreciate the information, and video footage, you have provided to us. We have escalated this to our All 4 Technical Team, for their investigation. We would appreciate your patience while we look into this.

0 Likes
SydneySteve
Apprentice
Options

Thanks - I have contacted Channel 4. Fingers crossed. 

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

Try now.. they've updated the app, apparently.

0 Likes
SydneySteve
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the heads up. I finally got to watch the second half of a bunch of programs!

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

Did you just update the app, or did you have to reset the Smart Hub & re-login to everything?

0 Likes
SydneySteve
Apprentice
Options

I didn’t do anything - just saw you message and went into my half-watched shows and they played through fine. It might have just been fluke though! Still need to properly test the All 4 app to see if the glitch is definitely fixed.