Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar and TV won’t connect

(Topic created on: 09-09-2019 12:45 PM)
Ben89
Student
Options

I have just purchased a new MS750 soundbar and a new RU8000 TV.

I have managed to connect the TV via Bluetooth but I can’t via the wireless network (the speaker doesn’t show up on the speaker list and yes both are connected to the same WiFi network) and the WiFi setup option is greyed out. I also tried the wired connection with ARC and the TV shows sound output but there is nothing actually audible.

I have managed to play music through the WiFi network from Spotify on my phone so something is working!

Whilst I’ve managed to get it working with Bluetooth, I’m concerned something isn’t working correctly and as I will be moving in 12 months’ time, my setup might be slightly different so I would like to ensure it’s all functioning.

One other thing to note is I also tried this with my old Samsung TV (UE40J6302) and the speaker showed up in the list with the WiFi connection but it wouldn’t connect/complete the setup, the HDMI ARC issue was exactly the same, and I could only connect with Bluetooth as with this new TV.

I’m loving both purchases but just want to make sure they’re both properly working.

Hope you can help...!

Ben

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Johannes Beyer
First Poster
Options

Hi Ben,

I am having the exact same problem with my The Frame 65" TV and both a MS650 and my new Q950T. I am able to connect using Bluetooth, bot not using WIFI. Both speakers and the TV is connected to the same WIFI, but the speakers does not show up in the list of speakers on the TV.

Did you ever figure this out/find a solution?

Regards, Johannes

0 Likes
Ben89
Student
Options

Hi Johannes,

I had an engineer sent out who attempted to fix this but to no avail. The sound bar was taken away and I believe the wifi card replaced. When he returned it worked fo about a week before it stopped again.

In all honestly I gave up after that and have left it on the Bluetooth connection because just getting that far was painstakingly difficult - being handed back and forth between Samsung, the retailer and their third party engineers where it was claimed it was out of warranty before Samsung and the retailer confirming it was well within warranty every five minutes became exhausting. It took about 4 months to get someone out (and I accept the pandemic didn't make it easy and was incredibly patient and willing to wait) but the moment everyone was on the same page someone was at the door within 48 hours.

Sorry I can't help further 😕

Ben