Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound keeps going up and down on its own, how do you reset it?

(Topic created on: 15-02-2020 12:11 PM)
Aoife1
Student
Options

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As long as sorted now  @Craig121 .     However for future reference might be easier trying @AntS'  suggestion first , factory reset also an idea.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

seandubh123
First Poster
Options

I bought a new 50-inch Samsung and it's rubbish. Sound problems, turns on and off and mode keeps changing. I would'nt recomend a Samsung to anyone. 

0 Likes
Leeds62
Journeyman
Options

So my TV is playing through the soundbar and the TV when playing through the TV speaker. However when only on optical output it's ok. The problem is the TV sound toggles up to 100 and even when you toggle down it goes up on it's own ( very loud) the audio out icon is staying on the TV  and wont go off and the red sensor light is flickering all the time. Changed batteries in remote and switched TV off and unplugged for a few minutes. Any ideas the model number is ue55mu6120 serial no. Ob523shja03399h.

0 Likes
Glen3ie
First Poster
Options

Hi did u get any answers to this problem. I have the very same thing happen to mine. But funny thing is if I put my finger under sensor the light stops flashing. Anybody else have same problem or similar 

0 Likes
Leeds62
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Might be a long shot but it was the batteries in my firestick remote control that caused my problem 

Glen3ie
First Poster
Options

I'll give that a try, it's the only remote I haven't tried. Thanks

0 Likes
Shona12
First Poster
Options
This helped me! I would never had thought about the firestick remote. Genius, thank you xx
0 Likes
Glen3ie
First Poster
Options

Yes it sorted it for me too. Couldn't believe it. I nearly had a new tv ordered as well!!!

0 Likes
Leeds62
Journeyman
Options

Glad I could help.

0 Likes
six5gent
First Poster
Options

OMGeeezie......Leads62, so glad i found your post.  My sound was increasing all the way up to 100 and staying there all by itself.  I changed the batteries in the remote, disconnected the surround sound, turn the TV off and let it take a nap for an hour still the same sound issue.   

Until I ran into your post and noticed the firestick remote laying on top of the fireplace under the TV.  (This was the new firestick remote 4K with the volume buttons on it.)  Sure enough, took the batteries out of the firestick remote and issue resolved!!!!

.....TV is less than a year old so needless to say I was turning fire engine red preparing to call Samsung and activate a warranty claim.

Thank you for sharing!   I created an account just to be able to post to this thread and say thanks.