Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound bar and fire tv

(Topic created on: 07-02-2018 12:02 PM)
Pmit
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have a LG sound bar with no HDMI port only optical and I'm trying to get the smart remote to work the sound when watching the fire tv . The smart remote works great when I'm watching sky tv , as you can set the Samsung tv to use both sky and sound bar but can't seem to see anyway of that setting with the fire tv as it doesn't show up as a set up box or anything 

2 REPLIES 2
MrWWWhite
Explorer
Options

Hi Pmit

I think i have the same issue as you with my Fire TV, PS4 pro and Sonos Playbar on my UE55MU7079. Fire TV and PS4 are connected and automaticaly configured by Anynet/CEC but they don't show up in the universal remote menu. I configured my Sonos Playbar as a "home cinema system" to get some IR-Signals. It is working ok with internal TV-tuner and TVplus but there's no way to connect the external devices with the sound system on the optical output thats why I have no volume control on my external devices as long the remote control is not told to send some IR-signals there as well.

There's als another post with the same problem:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/using-anynet-and-infrared-for-universal-remote-9-...

Even in the US forum you can find the same issue.

I have written another post in the german forum and i'm in contact with the support.

Please do the same and call the support. It's definitely a software problem on (as i know KS and MU Series) which needs to be fixed. Please give the support a call maybe with remote support on your TV to show them the issue and to inform them that the problem is there and relevant for you and users in other country’s.

Greeting

André

Fachmann für Unterhaltungselektronik und smarte Technik | Gastronom und DJ im Herzen [♥️ Vinyl] | Teilzeit-Gamer | Familienvater voller Stolz
Larry C
First Poster
Options

I have a samsung soundbar with dolby atmos and my firestick apps sound better on the soundbar than my samsung tv apps any reason for this

0 Likes