Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes no signal at switching on on QLED

(Topic created on: 20-12-2018 07:02 PM)
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options

Since a few weeks I am the owner of a QE55Q9F 2018.

My setup is using the CI+ module with direct coax cable connection to the tv from my provider.

The CI+ module has been used before on my Samsung UE46D8000 for 7 years with no problem.

Now for the second time I got the message "no signal" at switching on the TV. Like no cable is connected or the wrong source input.

This happens when the TV has been on for a period, then switched of by the remote and put back on (>30 minutes on stand-by).

Switching the TV off and after a few seconds on again (once even twice) seems to solve the problem.

I also see in this case a short message my account has logged on (normally not the case when switching the tv on).
Has it done a reset?

What is wrong here?

The privoder connection is ok: other TV sets at home do work perfect on these moments.

Since I can't repeat the behaviour it would be silly to call the repair service.

Can this be an issue in the startup of the TV (timing between different components).

Anyone seen the same behaviour.

57 REPLIES 57
Joher
Journeyman
Options
Kan dit ook in het nederlands
0 Likes
pixelstate
Apprentice
Options

Does not seem fixed. I am seeing similar issues on Q95T.

0 Likes
ElVela
Apprentice
Options

The fastest way to solve this problem (until the next time it triggers) is to force a complete reboot. That can be done with the remote: Keep pressed the power button until the Samsung Logo appears. 

pixelstate
Apprentice
Options

I have the Q95T 2020 and have been suffering the same no signal issues.

I have had the motherboard on the one connect box replaced which seems to have improved the situation. That said the TV lost the signal from the virgin TiVo V6 tonight while in the middle of watching a recorded show. Only switching off the one connect at the wall seemed to help.

In summary:  Samsung have not addressed the faults with one connect for the 2020 range. 

0 Likes
Slabber
First Poster
Options

I have a Q95T with the same issue.  Has anybody tried re-addressing this with Samsung support?  I don't fancy going through the hoops that others in this thread have already gone through.

0 Likes
Slabber
First Poster
Options

I contacted support.  Total disaster.  "There is no known issue reported from our Engineering Department".

I have another 2020 samsung TV without One Connect and it works perfectly connected to the same dish.

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options
Most people have addressed this issue with Samsung and got a "It's new to me" response.

Samsung will not admit to issues with there Qled line and neither will the mods sadly on this forum.

For your sake, I hope this TV is still under warranty. I now pay £8 a month insurance to protect against issues like this and others going back to 2018 for my Q9FN55.

I would never buy another Samsung TV after my experience with issues like this and I used to love Samsung. My TV, phone and washing machine are all Samsung. There failure to admit or have accountability for faults in hundreds of forum posts has destroyed my faith in buying any further products.
0 Likes
Slabber
First Poster
Options

I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue or not.  I see people have had parts replaced and still it's not working correctly.  I called a friend who has a 2020 Q85t with One Connect and has had no issues at all.  He's also located in the same city so probably nothing to do with signal (Belgium).

The only difference I can see is that he only connects 1 TV to his LNB and I connect 2 - plus it's a different LNB.

Has anyone tried changing the LNB?  I'm thinking about disconnecting the second TV to replicate his setup and if that doesn't work, replace the LNB entirely.

0 Likes