Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes no signal at switching on on QLED

(Topic created on: 20-12-2018 07:02 PM)
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options

Since a few weeks I am the owner of a QE55Q9F 2018.

My setup is using the CI+ module with direct coax cable connection to the tv from my provider.

The CI+ module has been used before on my Samsung UE46D8000 for 7 years with no problem.

Now for the second time I got the message "no signal" at switching on the TV. Like no cable is connected or the wrong source input.

This happens when the TV has been on for a period, then switched of by the remote and put back on (>30 minutes on stand-by).

Switching the TV off and after a few seconds on again (once even twice) seems to solve the problem.

I also see in this case a short message my account has logged on (normally not the case when switching the tv on).
Has it done a reset?

What is wrong here?

The privoder connection is ok: other TV sets at home do work perfect on these moments.

Since I can't repeat the behaviour it would be silly to call the repair service.

Can this be an issue in the startup of the TV (timing between different components).

Anyone seen the same behaviour.

57 REPLIES 57
ACracknell
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with 65q9fn.  However I have noticed that HD terrestrial channels are always fine. I just lose the standard definition channels. Powering off the set for a few minutes restored it or rescanning also solves it. Very annoying and happening 2-3 times per week for me. Need an acknowledgement from Samsung on this problem. I should engage their support actually so will aim to do that this week.

0 Likes
Adrian811
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my qe49q6fna. IT happened for 5-6 Times until now since february. When I turn IT on, The Channel's info on The right side can be seen but the screen is black with no other message. After I turn IT off and on for 2-3 Times the TV signal works ok. 

0 Likes
ElVela
Apprentice
Options

Same here. 

Yesterday was the first time. Today the second. 

My temporary fix was to unplug the Connect box power cable for a few seconds.

I'm on latest firmware 1251.0

Anyone asked Samsung about this? 

0 Likes
Technophobe
First Poster
Options

I haven't seen the problem again since, hence the reason I haven't engaged Samsung Support (I doubt if the set retains an event log); however, my set did switch itself off on one occasion last week for no apparent reason.

I was hoping ACracknell was going to update us once he (she) had received a response from Samsung on this problem.

Failing that, I'll contact Samsung if it re-occurs on my set and update peeps here with the outcome.

0 Likes
ACracknell
First Poster
Options

This hasn’t happened to me now for some time but here’s what I did as part of troubleshooting the problem.

1) I did have a poor Cable in play as my standard definition signal kept dropping out but since changing the cable overall reliability is up and SD channels are stable.

2) I have also disabled the auto retune feature available in the TV settings menu. I don’t think it’s related but to monitor the cable change it’s been helpful.

3) I was looking forward to using the remote support request feature but as I have stabilised now I won’t need to engage them.

0 Likes
SKP
First Poster
Options
i have had this no signal problem myself a few times on my Q7FN 😞 had a Panasonic 4k which i replaced with the Samsung had zero signal problems with that it is very annoying.
0 Likes
Ftelf
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I'm experiencing the very same problem on my QE65Q9FN. Bought in November 2018. Beside IPTV I'm using only DVB-T/T2 tuner on this TV. The problem with signal not available occured just for the very first time when I powerred TV on. So the installation took several hours untill I tried to cycle-power. Than again after 2 weeks and for the first time yesterday July 4 2019. I have also problems with bad-signal-spikes when tuner randomly pixelate even when I have 100/100 signal and another TV box plays just fine (crappy cheap KIII PRO with coreelec and timeshift). I have tried to claim warranty about the random signal problem and the pixelations. Samsung says QLED premium support. What a JOKE. The technicial came, didn't even bothered to see a recorded problem. Since the problem was not obvious on his visit so he just did factory reset and leaved.

So my next $3500 TV won't be Samsung.

Pixelation with proof that signal is just fine by moving timeshift back on another TV box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61rGeXxCRCo

complete picture freeze for 5 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB52FtR4KSM

no-signal from December 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puPy36I5zHc&t

latest occurence of no-signal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJa1V_o9wm8

So,

return TV if you still could. I wish I would have did so. Support won't help, at least not me.

0 Likes
Technophobe
First Poster
Options

Had the lost signal on my QE65Q9FN again yesterday.

What a PITA

Come on Samsung, you must read this forum.

Get your finger out and either give us a code patch to fix the problem once and for all or own up to an irreparable  design flaw in the product.

0 Likes
SKP
First Poster
Options

100% signal quality 95% signal strength & I still get random pixelation, I think i would return it but the company I purchased it from have closed so it looks like I will just have to grin & bear it  

0 Likes
Mannie
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Samsung TV QE55Q6FNA. Setup was success with WiFi and smart things app from my Samsung phone. Netflix and other aps which runs on internet works perfectly well.

However, when i connected to my indoor Antenna, it still shows No Signal. No digital channels or radio channels found. Indoor Antenna is also new. I have also set my location to UK and post code of my residence, yet zero luck.

How can i solve this issue as it bothers me.

0 Likes