Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes no signal at switching on on QLED

(Topic created on: 20-12-2018 07:02 PM)
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options

Since a few weeks I am the owner of a QE55Q9F 2018.

My setup is using the CI+ module with direct coax cable connection to the tv from my provider.

The CI+ module has been used before on my Samsung UE46D8000 for 7 years with no problem.

Now for the second time I got the message "no signal" at switching on the TV. Like no cable is connected or the wrong source input.

This happens when the TV has been on for a period, then switched of by the remote and put back on (>30 minutes on stand-by).

Switching the TV off and after a few seconds on again (once even twice) seems to solve the problem.

I also see in this case a short message my account has logged on (normally not the case when switching the tv on).
Has it done a reset?

What is wrong here?

The privoder connection is ok: other TV sets at home do work perfect on these moments.

Since I can't repeat the behaviour it would be silly to call the repair service.

Can this be an issue in the startup of the TV (timing between different components).

Anyone seen the same behaviour.

57 REPLIES 57
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Petjepet.

Did you manage to resolve this issue or are you still having the problem?

0 Likes
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options

It happened only once again last week.
I have no solution nor a clue why it happens.
Seems like the cable signal isn't recognized or couldn't verify with the provider in a by the TV required time slot and therefore ignores the connection.
Do you have a clue?

0 Likes
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options

Today the issue happened again: no signal.
I again switched the TV off with the remote and after a few seconds I saw the red led on the remote flash for a while while not touching any button.
When the flashing stopped I switched the TV on having no further issue: I saw again a brief message my account being activated.

Is there an interaction also from remote to TV? Like the TV is doing an update or whatever activating the remote in a way?

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

I have had my Q9FN 55in 2018 tv now for 2weeks and have had no signal issue for the second time tonight trying to use Freesat, so I decided to try my old Humax box and I have a perfect signal. Is there a problem with this Tv?

0 Likes
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options

I still have the issue sometimes.

I use a CI+ module and I guess it has something to do with that. The module tries to verify info with the provider.

Maybe sometimes this process ends with an undefined state causing the TV to come with the no signal message.

After switching the TV off and after about 10 seconds on again all works again and a kind of reset seems to have taken place because the TV assigns to my account again which it doesn't in normal cases.

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

I switched the power off from the socket and powered the tv back on and the tv now works fine.

Don't know if this will be fixed with an update, but it does seem like an issue with this Tv.

Clammer
Apprentice
Options
I have the same issue with my Q9F. No CI module or anything, just standard digital terrestrial television.

I switch on and get the "No Signal". I can put it in to standby, out of standby and still no signal. Plug a different TV into the same aerial and all is well.

I have to switch off power for a few seconds (either from the plug or by pulling power cable from the box at the bottom) and when it comes on, signal is fine and all is well.

It's starting to become very annoying as it's starting to happen more frequently. I'm hoping some firmware update can sort it...
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options

What I found as stated in a previous post, I turn the tv off by the remote and wait 10-15secs and switch back on and I get the Samsung Q9f logo and the signal is restored.

Since buying the tv in February it's done this fault about 4times, but hasn't done it again now for about 2 weeks.

0 Likes
Technophobe
First Poster
Options

I bought a Q9F 65 a couple of weeks ago and got this problem for the first time this afternoon.

Sure, pulling the power for a few minutes overcomes the issue (thanks guys for flagging this fix), but it's not something I'd expect on a TV costing more than two grand.

There are currently no outstanding code updates; however, I want a permanent fix ASAP please.

0 Likes