Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes no signal at switching on on QLED

(Topic created on: 09-07-2019 03:27 PM)
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options

Since a few weeks I am the owner of a QE55Q9F 2018.

My setup is using the CI+ module with direct coax cable connection to the tv from my provider.

The CI+ module has been used before on my Samsung UE46D8000 for 7 years with no problem.

Now for the second time I got the message "no signal" at switching on the TV. Like no cable is connected or the wrong source input.

This happens when the TV has been on for a period, then switched of by the remote and put back on (>30 minutes on stand-by).

Switching the TV off and after a few seconds on again (once even twice) seems to solve the problem.

I also see in this case a short message my account has logged on (normally not the case when switching the tv on).
Has it done a reset?

What is wrong here?

The privoder connection is ok: other TV sets at home do work perfect on these moments.

Since I can't repeat the behaviour it would be silly to call the repair service.

Can this be an issue in the startup of the TV (timing between different components).

Anyone seen the same behaviour.

57 REPLIES 57
Simon1957
Journeyman
Options

Another dissatisfied customer. No signal (Freesat) on Day One and then, seemingly randomly, when switching in from standby every few weeks. Unplugging the One Connect box power cable and plugging it back in has always fixed the problem (so far) but should not be necessary on a TV as high end as the QE65Q9FN. 5 Year Warranty from John Lewis but their technical support aren’t very helpful. Got me to perform a factory reset - makes no sense to me - but it got me off the ‘phone until it happens again. Had hoped the recent firmware patch might have addressed this but it didn’t. Definitely not my dish as my UE46D8000 never has this problem and is connected to the same dish and the QE65 has been installed where the UE46 used to be so not the cable either. I guess I might try Samsung support but given what I’ve read I am not optimistic. I do have the TV connected to a Yamaha AX-3010 using the ARC HDMI terminal.

Ftelf
Explorer
Options

QE65Q9FN owner since november 2018. Random problem with "No Signal" since day 0. After that "No Signal" for once a month, only power cycle helped to reset the TV. Signal 100/100, measured by professional service. I have claimed a warranty once in February or so. The TV service did only reset as this fix 90% of any TV problems. Fixed nothing. After several months I got annoyed, so claimed warranty for second time. This time they changed the Tuner and input board and one-link cable. Before change I got "No signal" about once per month or two. Since they changed the tuner last week, I already got 2 "No Signal" issues already. The service are not aware of any errata, so they are sending all my videos and details to Samsung HQ to elaborate. I suggest all of you who had the same problems. Claim warranty, go through the first mandatory factory reset. After that Record the issue on video. Record the process that only power-cycle will fix the problem temporarily. If they will not fix the problem I would have the right to get my money back since they won't be able to fix the problem in 3 retries (EU law). Problem is that I do not want any other TV. The 2019 model is a *****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHt6suJZ59k&feature=youtu.be

Jirex1
Journeyman
Options
QE65Q9FN Dissapointed owner of the same issue, 2x warranty replacement of the motherboard, I have ordered the service man for the 3rd time hopefully comming next week and hope to get the money back... Guys, this is a permanent issue, it wont get fixed, claim your warranty rights 3x and get rid of it.... :-(((
0 Likes
Jirex1
Journeyman
Options

Dors anybody know if this no signal issue occurs also on 2019 qleds like qe65q90r? Shall I buy LG instead? Thx Jiri

0 Likes
Ftelf
Explorer
Options

Hi, regarding "No Signal" issue. I would summarize the problem. Owner of QE65Q9FN since November 2018. The "No Signal" occured from day 0 once every 1-2 month. Few times twice a week, sometimes good for 3 months. So very random.
I had detailed video about the problem etc...
Warranty claim #1: No interest in video, technician just did factory reset.
Warranty claim #2: Inspected video, changed Tuner board
Warranty claim #3: Local Samsung's service sent video and other materials to Samsung HQ for official statement.
After two weeks they got respond with ?temporary? solution. Disable Instant ON in service menu.
It is a SW error when tuner is not always properly set after wake-up. I can only speculate if it would be fixed in further FW upgrade. The powerring ON is now slower by about 7 seconds. It's something I can live with.
I might pursue this issue and get a replacement but there is no better TV. The 2019 models has worse screen panel so I hate them. Also OLED is a no-go for me. Only sony has models with better picture but for more money.

Simon1957
Journeyman
Options

Just a quick update in case it helps anyone. I did start a warranty claim but was put through the 'please perform a re-initialisation' loop. Naturally this fixed the problem as a power down was involved and that fixes the problem anyway! And it pretty much stayed fix for some months. Then, three days ago the problem returned. And on three successive days the problem recurred and was fixed by power down. I thought I would try a reset. Turns out you can do this from the comfort of your remote control without needing to re-scan channels and many settings were retained using the reset-lite option. So far, so good. For me, unless the problem becomes more frequent, for the time being I'll live with it and use the partial reset procedure to fix the problem without the need to get to the power lead.

0 Likes
ElVela
Apprentice
Options

How is that reset-lite performed with the remote? 

0 Likes
Petjepet
Journeyman
Options

As starter of this topic I must say that in the last 6 months it occurred to me only once again.
I never have to pull the power plug: I switch the TV off with the remote, wait for half a minute and switch it back on again with the remote.
I can tell there is a kind of reset/cold restart of the TV because it shows me my user ID as if it is initializing connections again.

I have reason to believe this issue is also related to the provider.

I use a CI+ card and that one needs to be acknowledged by the provider sometimes. A simple time out could cause this situation I guess. In that case I would expect the TV to try again or give an option for that but it simply blocks the session.

Simon1957
Journeyman
Options

Home.

Settings.

General.

Start Setup.

Enter PIN.

NEXT.

Select Country.

Re-enter or change PIN.

At the Reset prompt select SKIP.

NEXT.

Confirm/Amend Terms & Conditions (should have been remembered)

You should get signed in (credentials should have been remembered)

Confirm postcode (should have been remembered)

NEXT

NEXT

Job done.

But note the above from the OP. If that works it would be even easier.

Simon1957
Journeyman
Options
Not sure about the provider - I’m using Freesat alone, so no verification required and thus no delay. But interesting to note that once the problem has occurred it requires some form of reset or a power down of more than a few seconds to fix. That suggests that some type of flag is being held in some sort of volatile storage. Quite possibly a timing issue in the first place I agree, and if so it shouldn’t be hard for Samsung to fix that. Not that they will, of course.
0 Likes