Support

Open search

Software update using Mac OS?

Highlighted
First Poster

I want to perform a software update on my Smart TV via USB, but find that I can only do it via a PC! I only have a Mac. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@TomCyn wrote:

I want to perform a software update on my Smart TV via USB, but find that I can only do it via a PC! I only have a Mac. Any suggestions?

Hi @TomCyn  can you list your model no, often nowadays there are two firmware files -   one for Windows and one for all operating systems.

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi, I have the same issue with the T5300 - there are only Windows files and non for the Mac. My tv is crashing every time I use it so I'm really keen to sort it out ASAP otherwise will be forced to return because it's faulty. Thanks

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@MattI6 wrote:

Hi, I have the same issue with the T5300 - there are only Windows files and non for the Mac. My tv is crashing every time I use it so I'm really keen to sort it out ASAP otherwise will be forced to return because it's faulty. Thanks

Hi @MattI6   I think this is your model https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE32T5300AKXXU/ 

The windows file is listed twice, the 2nd one may actually be be an error and for all operating systems, can you try it to see if it works (assuming you do not have  1113.8)    Have you tried factory reset, switching off at mains for 5 minutes?

Highlighted
First Poster
Hi James, I was on 1081, managed to borrow a windows laptop and update to the latest version. Still crashes though. Have also tried a factory reset. I purchased the Tv from John Lewis. Thanks
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi@ , Can you run a picture test and see if that shows up an issue   Settings - Support -Self Diagnosis -Picture Test

May well be a problem with the set, assuming connections fine.

Information on Samsung support is here, they are offering pick up services   https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/tv-av/  or you could contact John Lewis, depending on their situation at the moment.

Top Liked Authors