Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTV Apps keep crashing

(Topic created on: 02-01-2018 12:47 PM)
Mark19
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have a 2013 UEF7000 TV which I have used for several years without any issues. Recently, I have started to have an issue every time I am watching TV shows through apps in the SmartHub (main ones I use are Netflix, Amazon and All4) where the show hangs and  appears to be buffering but never recovers and the app crashes or loses internet connection completely. Each time this happens I have to switch the TV on and off and resume playing. It has become impossible to watch for more than about 20 minues without the issue occurring. I have internet of 150mbps and have tried wired and wireless connections, with the issue occuring with both connection types. I use other devices in the home where I stream video on the same platforms without any problems whatsoever. I have tried resetting the SmartHub, I have the latest firmware, latest version of all apps and have tried signing in/out of apps. Not sure what else to do.

This is driving me mad - please help

Thanks

40 REPLIES 40
Benharding
Student
Options

Hi,

I’m too having the same issue but with the UE40F8000. Anything related to smart hub crashes periodically. 

Did you find a fix for this? 

Thanks 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Benharding.

Could you provide the current software version of your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

@Mark19 - Did you manage to resolve your issue?

Benharding
Student
Options

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The firmware version is 1135

Regards

Cwsull
First Poster
Options

I use firmware 1530 and apps like Hulu and Netflix constantly freeze and or crash. It takes multiple attempts to launch and app successfully. Smart hub is nearly unusable, easier to access content through Roku. Please advise, thanks.

Stephen2020
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problems. It's beyond infuriatin. Eurosport and YouTube and iplayer all crash after 20mins and the only way to solve is switch on and off to get another 20mins

In General the software and smart aspects of Samsung TVs is very poor. Very slow response and apps not easy or impossible to find.

Why is there no solution to this? 

I have called samsung and not had a call back from them. 

Will Samsung fix this or buy my to back so I can buy one that works properly? 

rbahador00
Journeyman
Options

Looks like I'm not alone. Model UN55JJU6500 with firmware 1530. All apps crash multiple times. Most commonly used are Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and Spotify. For me it's not just the apps that crash. The system menus are slow to respond and close spontaneously. I have requested help via the support tab. I was called and ran through the usual reboot/reset. The first time I did this it worked better for a while but now I cant get through a half hour show without the apps crashing. I thought that Samsung made the best TVs around? This one has very noticeable side lighting and the worst smart functionality I have ever seen. (Most of our family's electronics are Samsung and I have never been so disappointed in one. I have 4 other Samsung TVs in the house that work fine - but this is our main one).

Samsung what are you doing to rectify this?

KristyMarie
First Poster
Options

Not alone. I have the exact same problem. I've checked all settings and everything is updated but i cant watch hulu or youtube without it freezing or buffering and kicking me out of the app. Ive even uninstalled the apps and tried again. Super frusterating. I cant believe there hasnt been a solution for this.

Crabstick
Student
Options

Mine too. Dad I anyone find a fix for this, or more importantly has Samsung tried to help with any of the above comments? 

rbahador00
Journeyman
Options
Nothing yet. I was hoping that since there are so many of us tha Samsung would have stepped in to remedy the issue.

Samsung, what say you?