Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTV Apps keep crashing

(Topic created on: 28-03-2020 04:01 PM)
Mark19
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have a 2013 UEF7000 TV which I have used for several years without any issues. Recently, I have started to have an issue every time I am watching TV shows through apps in the SmartHub (main ones I use are Netflix, Amazon and All4) where the show hangs and  appears to be buffering but never recovers and the app crashes or loses internet connection completely. Each time this happens I have to switch the TV on and off and resume playing. It has become impossible to watch for more than about 20 minues without the issue occurring. I have internet of 150mbps and have tried wired and wireless connections, with the issue occuring with both connection types. I use other devices in the home where I stream video on the same platforms without any problems whatsoever. I have tried resetting the SmartHub, I have the latest firmware, latest version of all apps and have tried signing in/out of apps. Not sure what else to do.

This is driving me mad - please help

Thanks

40 REPLIES 40
Rodoz
Apprentice
Options

This is ridiculous... I have to reboot the TV more and less 5 times a day... YouTube crashes, Netflix crashes all apps crashes sometime... 

I regret buying a Samsung TV, it was the worst smart TV I have had... Never more

rbahador00
Journeyman
Options
And zero help from the mfg. The moderator of the us board gave me some tips that made it better but not fixed. I have sunk so much money into Samsung and I feel no support for my brand loyalty.
0 Likes
Chimps
Apprentice
Options

same here over time it has started crashing more and more frequently. 

I think it is overheating and cannot handle the processes going on...  I am well sad about this 

0 Likes
asfound
Explorer
Options

So 6 months and however many updates since my last post, the software is still junk. It's a coin flip as whether or not the smart apps will make it through a 30 minute programme, let alone a whole film or sports event. More or often than, the picture will flicker, the sound will stutter and it will cut to black, returning me to the live TV feed. Actually, no that's not quite accurate. When it crashes it is far more likely this will kick back against the whole system including the antannae feed so I will get "service unavailable" until I turn it off at the mains for 10 minutes. Then after a hard reboot, it's back to Russian Roulette. Will it find my wifi? Will it connect? Will the Smart Hub load, or will it be "preparing the TV..." for god knows how long? How long will the app of choice remain stable this time before crashing again? What japes!

0 Likes
Rodoz
Apprentice
Options

They don't publish a software update because it might be a hardware problem... Either case, it's a shame a company this big making noob mistakes... 

0 Likes
Crabstick
Student
Options

I fixed it guys!!!!!  
I took the Samsung tv, and shoved  it in a box, then drove it to my tip and threw it in a skip. 
them amazon delivered my nice new LG 4K tv and now I do t have any of the crashes anymore. £300 and I have no more problems!!! 
I suggest abandoning this useless brand and buying into one that actually delivers a working tv and customer service. 

hemppants
First Poster
Options

I bet that if every person who has posted about this particular problem took a ***** in a box and sent it to the actuall homes of samsung executives the issue would be fixed within a week

0 Likes
rbahador00
Journeyman
Options

Thats exactly what Samsung did. And we PAID for it. My solution 75" Sony Bravia. Runs on Androind OS. Updates on mfg proprietary OS is now a thing of the past for me. Bye Samsung. Never again.

0 Likes
Dan00
First Poster
Options

Exact same issues experienced and it is getting worse. Called samsung, went through the whole reset thing which didn't solve anything. Interesting that others also found it slow to pick up button commands like volume or opening up the smart hub.

Feel so let down with the customer support and stumbling on the thred and seeing no tech feedback its criminal. Thought I'd paid for a premium product!

1550 software, model t32e390sx

0 Likes
Chimps
Apprentice
Options

there was a fix for an LG TV we had which was a capacitor that needed changing to stop it turning off or something like that.

I bet this is something overheating / or need replacing, or when soldering joints become loose. 

I see so many people feel the same that we paid so much for the product, and only when the 6 year warranty starts coming to an end, is when the problems start creeping up 😞

problem is although warranty is technically gone, we still physically have the TV here....maybe time to sell and buy a newer model ? errr.... nah, i cant afford it !

0 Likes