Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTV Apps keep crashing

(Topic created on: 12-09-2019 05:33 PM)
Mark19
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have a 2013 UEF7000 TV which I have used for several years without any issues. Recently, I have started to have an issue every time I am watching TV shows through apps in the SmartHub (main ones I use are Netflix, Amazon and All4) where the show hangs and  appears to be buffering but never recovers and the app crashes or loses internet connection completely. Each time this happens I have to switch the TV on and off and resume playing. It has become impossible to watch for more than about 20 minues without the issue occurring. I have internet of 150mbps and have tried wired and wireless connections, with the issue occuring with both connection types. I use other devices in the home where I stream video on the same platforms without any problems whatsoever. I have tried resetting the SmartHub, I have the latest firmware, latest version of all apps and have tried signing in/out of apps. Not sure what else to do.

This is driving me mad - please help

Thanks

40 REPLIES 40
asfound
Explorer
Options

Never ending issues with this piece of trash Samsung Smart TV. Nothing really works. I (try to) use Now TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer and Mubi apps. Non of them run smoothly. Now TV crashes everytime a programme finishes, and fails to load properly. Netflix seems to be unable to load up the programmes on the UI screen and gets stuck on buffering (despite my internet being 30Mbps at the same time). Amazon Prime is perpetually out of audio/visual sync. iPlayer crashes randomly or takes forever to load.

But it's not just that - everything is slow and clunky. When you first "boot up" (because that's what if feels like) the TV you can't even change the volume or channel. It's like a frozen computer from the 90s. Button presses are unresponsive and slow even when it has finally rebooted. About half the time it fails to connect to the internet straight away and I need to run the troubleshoot. And then half of those times it seems unable to even detect my wireless internet.

You call up Samsung and it's the same old, unacceptable response - restart the TV, turn off the power, delete the cache, reinstall the apps. Even if this did actually consistantly work, this is not a solution. The software should work out of the box and not require constant hard resets just to function properly. Samsung really need to get this debacle together, and fix these bugs and the constant software/hardware issues. Because this is the last Samsung product I purchase if they are this shoddy.

rbahador00
Journeyman
Options
......and I'm back to crashing.
Kdude3
Student
Options

Sounds like it’s time for a class action lawsuit against Samsung ...

djl1976
First Poster
Options

Its also happening to me as well just watching youtube video's and beeing on google its always craching all the time some times it does it over and over again and there's nothing you can do it does it repetedly ... Please fix this problem or I will have to by a new tv and I don't want to.

GranadaV6
First Poster
Options

Still no fix on this issue? 

UE65J6295

0 Likes
rbahador00
Journeyman
Options

No. The flash drive update has made it less frequent (not 5-6 times during a movie) but it still happens frequently enough to wonder why Samsung has not stepped up as a TRILLION dollar company and owned this by replacing out TV's, then hiring some capable developers for their current software. 

0 Likes
erichole
Student
Options

Not significantly improved here either. no movement from samsung. not only are my apps almost guranteed to crash sooner or later, but i continue to have super weird (really really bad) picture glitches/random flashes and points at which the picture will magically just find itself in some crazy mode that generally includes very washed out colors. /shrug. 

i've given up thinking that there will be a samsung fix for this. two TVs, two years apart, supposed to be the bees knees but both with app and picture issues that can't be fixed and feel like a bee sting. 

as i said in my last ranty post here, i'm not even considering samsung again. with samsung, it feels like once you've removed the tv from the store, you'd be better on your own. i cannot recommend samsung devices anymore, no matter how pretty that picture looks. 

DLYNN13
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem.. what's the point of having a smart tv if you cant use the apps Samsung?!

stsxt05
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with a Samsung U4500, google Play works for 30 mins then crashes can only resolve by resetting the tv, that is just getting rid of the symptoms and is not a fix, are Samsung even Iistening to us? Steve (UK)

0 Likes
ELRH
First Poster
Options

Apparently this issue wasn't fixed with the 2019 QLED 4k either 

0 Likes