Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart tv buffers

(Topic created on: 19-03-2019 02:58 PM)
Smokeyfruitbat
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung smart led tv. I have no problems watching anything on there via smart hub (Netflix etc). I have recently bought BT SPORT. I can’t watch a live match without it buffering every 16 seconds, however on my non smart tv I can watch BT SPORT via an amazon firstick without any problems.  My internet provider is BT and the infinity hub is wired into the smart tv. 

I’ve tried it wired and Wi-fi with the same results. BT have checked my line and there is no problem there. 

I’m not internet techie and don’t understand a lot of the jargon. All I wanted was plug and play (just like it is on the firestick).  I’ve even turned everything else that uses the internet but the result is the same. The problem somehow lies with the smart tv and I’m buggered if I know what the problem is. I’ve rebooted and reinstalled 3 times and still the problem exists. Please help

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Smokeyfruitbat.

Could you confirm that you're trying to watch BT Sport through the downloaded app on your Smart Hub?

0 Likes
Smokeyfruitbat
Apprentice
Options

Yes 

0 Likes
MPS1
First Poster
Options

I am getting exactly the same symptoms - hard wired to BT Hub a few feet away, 23 Meg download speed, using the BT app doenloaded from the TV - I find ( additionally ) that the no HD channels are fine, i.e. with no loading message every 20 seconds or so.....

Samsung Help facility not really on top of this, I have tried everything they suggest , including the latest software update a few days ago ( 9th Dec. 2019 ), nothing tried is any good. Feels to me ( I am not a Samsung TV expert ) like the TV cannot buffer all the data from an HD signal ??? - any help / suggestions much appreciated ! 

0 Likes
Smokeyfruitbat
Apprentice
Options

I got it sorted.  There's nothing wrong with the Samsung tv it's all down to the BT app.  All BT said to me was that I should cast it as the app doesn't work.  I told them to shove BT sports where the sun don't shine as one of our TVs won't allow casting.  They cancelled my subscription 

Firefox11
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem on a 2020 Samsung tv, so still not fixed. Netflix and amazon prime work fine, WiFi signal is strong, but bt sport app is constantly buffering. If I plugin an amazon fire 4k stick and watch bt sport on that, it is perfect, no buffering. It is the app on the Samsung tv which is faulty. 

APVyorks
First Poster
Options
I have this problem too. I have BT BB and Samsung TV. We don't have a problem streaming any other service. BT Sport is absolutely terrible. We have watched football matches where we are 15 minutes behind live action. Your mobile tells you the result way before. Someone needs to fix this.
0 Likes