Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote voice control not working

(Topic created on: 31-07-2017 01:38 PM)
Tobsta574
First Poster
Options

Uhd55 tv, voice command when pressed says, we're having trouble connecting, make sure your online or try later. 

Firmware up to date 

signed in to samsung and internet connection fine. ???

0 Likes
92 REPLIES 92
Lvrpl74
Student
Options

@DaveMe wrote:

Having spoken to Samsung Support, this problem was rectified for me by resetting the bluetooth connection between the Smart Remote Control and the TV.

Switch the TV off.

On the remote, hold down the "back (Return)" button and the "4 Colour" button together for about 15 seconds until the LED stops flashing. This process will reset the remote and unpair it from the TV.

Switch the TV on and the bluetooth connection between remote and TV will re-pair.

Voice control should now be working again.

This did not help me

Navara
First Poster
Options

Same issue here.

6 days old UE55MU7000

Also came home twice this week to find the tv and sky box had turned themselves on.

Hate to think about the electricity bill if it has been on for hours.

Nice picture, just can’t be done with the hassle. 

0 Likes
Navara
First Poster
Options

Tried to re-pair the remote too. Didn’t work.

If it’s a Samsung server issue, why the daft message. Hmmm indeed!

0 Likes
DaveMe
Journeyman
Options

It may be a good idea for anyone suffering from this issue to call Samsung Support on 0330 726 7864

There obviously seems to be a bug with the firmware in the TV and calling them and notifying them of the issue from as many users as possible will surely escalate up and hopefully a new firmware update will soon be released.

Call Support, see what they say and report back here.

0 Likes
lizm
First Poster
Options

@DaveMe wrote:

Having spoken to Samsung Support, this problem was rectified for me by resetting the bluetooth connection between the Smart Remote Control and the TV.

Switch the TV off.

On the remote, hold down the "back (Return)" button and the "4 Colour" button together for about 15 seconds until the LED stops flashing. This process will reset the remote and unpair it from the TV.

Switch the TV on and the bluetooth connection between remote and TV will re-pair.

Voice control should now be working again.

Unfortunately, this did not fix my problem—message still says "Hmm, we're having trouble connecting. Make sure you're online, or try again later". Does anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
BeachLife
First Poster
Options

Just submitted for the same thing. Everything else works great and all buttons on the remote work. Just can’t use the voice command feature all the sudden. Only had it about a week. I can live with it but I’d rather not. It’s a useful feature. 

0 Likes
Ekaterine
First Poster
Options

This is happening to my one remote since yesterday. Hm we cannot connect...... never droped it never did anything. I have reconnected and connected internet, took out batteries still does not work.  Please help :((((

0 Likes
Jman7861
First Poster
Options

Did you get a resolution? I am having the same issue. 

0 Likes
Jman7861
First Poster
Options

Have you been able to resolve this issue? I get the hmmmmmmm message about not being connected to the internet but I am connected. 

0 Likes
BeachLife
First Poster
Options
Still waiting on a response from Samsung. I did the repair trick too but no luck. The power off and hold return and colored buttons til light starts blinking. That got it to repair but same issue. I’m thinking their server crashed for it or a bug in software. Hope it’s fixed soon tho.
0 Likes