Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote voice control not working

(Topic created on: 18-03-2017 01:59 PM)
Gav
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

my universal remote "rmcspk1ap1" has recently stopped working in the voice control.

no matter what you command it instantly comes up with "I did not recognise what you said".

everything else with the remote works fine, I have replaced the batteries etc but still no luck 

any help appreciated 

thanks 

116 REPLIES 116
Edwin3
Apprentice
Options
Samsung49ClassMU6500Series4KUltraHDCurvedSmart LEDTV2160p6 0Hz UN49MU6500FXZA
Current software version 1123.
It happens with all voice commands. It looks like mic does not recognize the voice at all.
0 Likes
RichT
Journeyman
Options

Sure, here it is ...

UE40MU6402

T-KTMDEUC-1123.1, BT-S

0 Likes
Edwin3
Apprentice
Options

UN49MU6500

T-KTMAKUC-1123.2, BT-S

0 Likes
LiamH
Pathfinder
Options

@Edwin3 & @RichT,

Thanks for flagging this and sending the info over. I've passed this on and we'll get back to you once we've got some information to share. 

Thanks, 

LiamH

0 Likes
Montty
Student
Options

Unplug your T.V. for several seconds. Surprisingly, it has worked on the two occasions in the last month that I have had this problem. This problem tends to occur when I'm watching videos on various websites. Hopefully, this works for you too.

AntS
Options

Hi @RichT and @Edwin3. Upon advice from our TV experts I've deleted the images you posted as they contained info that may compromise your TVs. I've edited your posts for you so they keep the info we'd need here though.

0 Likes
RichT
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the advice, Montty,

I tried your suggestion, and can confirm it does actually work !

RichT
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for that AntS,

It hadn't occurred to me that the info could be used by hackers, but I guess it is possible.

Anyway, just to return to my (our) voice control problem. I tried the suggestion provided by Montty earlier in this thread. Which was to unplug the TV from the mains, and then reconnect. Sure enough that seems to have solved the problem, and I am now able to use voice control again. I suspect, however this might only be a temporary solution, but it may at least, give you a hint as to how the solve the problem permanently.

Edwin3
Apprentice
Options

It is working now. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Good to know, guys - thanks! :smileyhappy:

@Montty: Nice one on that advice! Assuming from your post that the issue tends to happen when you're viewing videos using the web browser rather than through other apps? And what's your TV model number and software version?

0 Likes