Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote voice control not working

(Topic created on: 14-03-2018 10:14 PM)
Gav
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

my universal remote "rmcspk1ap1" has recently stopped working in the voice control.

no matter what you command it instantly comes up with "I did not recognise what you said".

everything else with the remote works fine, I have replaced the batteries etc but still no luck 

any help appreciated 

thanks 

116 REPLIES 116
T84
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
T84
Apprentice
Options

Unplug your sat or cable box let it reconnect to your tv  fixed my issue 

0 Likes
baver
First Poster
Options
same with mine
0 Likes
DilbertRE
First Poster
Options

We have a UN40MU6300 Samsung and our remote control voice commands didn't work, got message that to try later too many commands were being processed. The day before were were streaming movies but had before and had no problem. Unplugged TV as recommended and now voice commands work. Hope there will be a permanent fix coming.  

0 Likes
Prabhav
First Poster
Options

I am currently using Logitech K830 Works awesome except for youtube that is which unfortunately nobody seems to have figured out!

0 Likes
Phil72
Journeyman
Options

Brand new tv MU6400 and voice fails to even work. Full reset performed back to factory and still nothing. Call Samsung 45 mins later and another reset and batteries out of remote/re pair and nothing. Now have a case number and promised a call in 24/48 hrs.

why has this not been resolved? Been going on too long, Samsung apparently have a fix (seen on another post, via usb upgrade). Time to release it. Very very poor from Samsung 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Phil72wrote:

Brand new tv MU6400 and voice fails to even work. Full reset performed back to factory and still nothing. Call Samsung 45 mins later and another reset and batteries out of remote/re pair and nothing. Now have a case number and promised a call in 24/48 hrs.

why has this not been resolved? Been going on too long, Samsung apparently have a fix (seen on another post, via usb upgrade). Time to release it. Very very poor from Samsung 

Hi @Phil72,  I assume you have been through all the troubleshooting but unresolved and waiting on a response from Samsung.  General advice is Basically is ensure you have latest update, which in your case is  1210.8   (whichever screen size)  http://http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE49MU6400UXXU/uk/support/model/UE49MU6400UXXU 

Have you tried  unplugging TV   for a  minute and holding down the curved arrow button and the color dot button simultaneously until the red light stops blinking  before the resets? Your internet connection needs to be reliable and sometimes there may be issues with server but  if constant problems then will be other factors.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Phil72
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

Done numerous resets, 1 with Samsung on the phone. Unplugged tv numerous times, batters out of remote and re synced it. Still not playing ball. Internet connection is strong and no issues when wi if streaming from the tv. Seems to be an ongoing issue.

thanks

Phil72
Journeyman
Options

Still same issue. Called samsung again after no return call as promised. No reply from support request as well made from tv.

lady ordered a new remote and this has arrived. Same old issue and still no response from voice button/ commands.

useless!

0 Likes
Nj43
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem with my remote and it stopped working after only five days

0 Likes