Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote voice control not working because of too many tasks

(Topic created on: 02-02-2020 06:25 PM)
sox21
First Poster
Options

Hi,

When I press the voice control button on the remote it says that it is listening or we're live but then comes up saying that its taking a while to respond because of too many tasks. get back to me later. This has been happening for a day or two now how do I fix this?

Model number UE40MU6100 and software uptodate 1240.

Thanks,

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@sox21 wrote:

Hi,

When I press the voice control button on the remote it says that it is listening or we're live but then comes up saying that its taking a while to respond because of too many tasks. get back to me later. This has been happening for a day or two now how do I fix this?

Model number UE40MU6100 and software uptodate 1240.

Thanks,

Hi @sox21,   latest firmware update always recommended but 1240 is the latest one.   there can be ocassional issues with the server however if you still have an ongoing issue I would suggest the following:

Turn off TV

Unplug from power point 

Hold down the return and 4 colour buttons  for 15 seconds or  until  the  remote stops flashing 

Reconnect power plug to wall socket

Turn on TV 

Remote should  then resync to TV.   if still issues even if internet fine could reset the Network connection.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Zanick
First Poster
Options

This worked immediately. All sorted.

scarman
Student
Options

I have tried all of the other suggestions online, but pulling the plug is what does the trick! Reset the remote by pressing the return and 4-colour buttons, then re-plug the TV and switch it on. It works!

timoteo
First Poster
Options

I tried this and it worked, but now the guide and channel up or down doesn't work?

0 Likes
scarman
Student
Options

I have not had any problems since I reset it, so I don't know what your problem is. Sorry.

0 Likes
NightFury
First Poster
Options

Yes. This fix the issue. Thanks!

0 Likes