Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote controlling sky box

(Topic created on: 06-07-2018 04:08 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all again lol , I use the smart remote to turn on the TV which then the sky box comes on which is great , if I turn off the TV using the same smart remote the sky box stays on , I tht it might turn it off but it doesn't , anyway I can get this to work , TV is a ue49mu6500 and sky hd box , thanks , Dave 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Edgie70

Are you able to use the Smart Remote to navigate through your Sky channels i.e. is it successfully paired with the box? (Home > Source > Universal Remote). It may be the case that the Smart Remote is powering on the TV and the Sky Box is powering on in response to the TV's input signal. With this in mind please can you unplug your TV and attempt to switch the Sky box on and off using the Smart Remote to ensure it is able to perform the action?
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , yes the smart remote will control all the functions of the sky box , I'll unplug the TV and check if it powers on and off the box later as the wide is watching her soaps lol 

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , I've unplugged the TV and the smart remote did nothing with the sky box , plugged it back in and it turns the box on but not off 

0 Likes
CornishDave
First Poster
Options

My smart remote has never operated the Sky box there is a known problem with Sky and smart remotes.