Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub update ue48ju7000

(Topic created on: 11-03-2018 03:00 PM)
Steesh43
Student
Options

Hi 

I am looking for assistance to update the smart hub apps on my Samsung ue48ju7000 TV. I am trying to get the sky app having just installed sky q. I'm trying to get the universal remote control to work with the menus, fast forward etc on sky q.

My software is 1520 and assists up to date (certainly auto update is on and update now says this is most recent software). 

Guidance elsewhere suggested resetting the smart hub via menu field and then unplugging TV for min of 20 seconds.

Assistance greatly appreciated.

Steven

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Steesh43wrote:

Hi 

I am looking for assistance to update the smart hub apps on my Samsung ue48ju7000 TV. I am trying to get the sky app having just installed sky q. I'm trying to get the universal remote control to work with the menus, fast forward etc on sky q.

My software is 1520 and assists up to date (certainly auto update is on and update now says this is most recent software). 

Guidance elsewhere suggested resetting the smart hub via menu field and then unplugging TV for min of 20 seconds.

Steven

Hi @Steesh43, yes you should reset the smart Hub- I would suggest pulling the power from both the TV and Skyq Box for 20-30 seconds. Hopefully then if you go through the Universal Smart remote set up the Sky Box will be found,it will ask for postcode and you will see options for Skyq and Sky Plus-ensure right one is selected. Have heard of some customers requiring to enter code-1 TB is 130, 2Tb 1st Gen 140 and 2nd Gen (one with external power supply) 240.  If CEC Anynet+ was on try turning settings off in case of possible interference.  Many of the features should be available by pressing Home Button,however think it is still the case that some of the voice Control features only available via the SkyQ Touch Remote.

You mention the Skyq app, however currently this is only available for Tablets though plans reported for one on Smart Tvs. Skyq Plans     You should be able to access MYQ which has recommended shows though via the Samsung remote.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Steesh43
Student
Options

@Steesh43wrote:

Hi 

Steven

Thanks but it didn't seem to work for whatever reason! I will try it again and vary the period of switch off but thinking the TV just isn't compatible.... How disappointing.

Steven

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Steesh43wrote:

@Steesh43wrote:

Hi 

Steven

Thanks but it didn't seem to work for whatever reason! I will try it again and vary the period of switch off but thinking the TV just isn't compatible.... How disappointing.

Steven

Hopefully workaround, would try up to a minute to see if that makes any difference.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In case anyone  new to the thread with SKYQ, just an update-my previous post mentioned MyQ bu this t has now been replaced by the Home section in the latest 070 firmware    (very similar though).

0 Likes